Electrical Graduate Engineer
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Electrical Graduate Engineer - Denver, CO
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Graduate Engineer to join our team beginning in Summer of 2022 in our Denver, CO office. This position will be a part of our Power Division. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Construction document production support for commercial and utility scale solar, wind, and energy storage projects.
• Coordinate with design team disciplines including civil engineers, geotechnical engineers, and surveyors.
• Utilize AutoCAD to create construction documents and perform quantity takeoffs. Construction documents will include site layouts, wire/cable routing plans, one lines, details, equipment/wire schedules, etc.
• Create wiring/cable schedules based takeoffs and sizing input from senior designers/engineers.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of Westwood design/CAD standards.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• Knowledge of NEC and/or NESC.
• Experience and knowledge of basic electrical design concepts.
• Associates Degree or Technical School Certificate in Electrical Design, Solar Design, Architectural/Engineering Drafting, or related degree.
• Approximately 2 - 5 years of experience in the drafting/design of electrical power/distribution systems.
• Working knowledge and ability to read construction drawings and specifications.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows/Office products.
• Professional appearance with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Must have a strong work ethic along with a positive attitude; be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment.
• Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
For Preferred Consideration (Not Required):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering, or similar.
• Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Experience with ArcGIS.
• Proficiency with ETAP, SKM, CYME, or similar software package used to model electrical power systems and perform load flow, short circuit, voltage drop, grounding, thermal, and protective device coordination studies and analysis.
• NABCEP Certification.
• Wind AC collection design.
• Experience with energy storage systems (battery, fuel cells, flywheel, or capacitor.
• Experience with PVsyst, Helioscope, SAM, or other PV production modeling software.
• Experience with Helios 3D or SunDAT.
• Experience with Homer Pro.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located in Denver, CO. View the Google Map in full screen.