Transportation Graduate Engineer
TRANSPORTATION GRADUATE ENGINEER - APPLETON, WI
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Civil EIT to join our transportation infrastructure team in Appleton, WI. Candidates must have a willingness to perform a variety of civil engineering tasks supporting various projects and project managers. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work as a key member of a roadway design team. Job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with a team in the preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for projects of various size and complexity
- Research and evaluation of data
- Field reviews and other assessments
- Analyses and design calculations
- Prepare technical reports, presentations, and exhibits
- Assisting in the preparation of design plans, specifications, and cost estimates
Outgoing, friendly, approachable (team player)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Able to follow directions and guidelines for the firm's policies, practices, and procedures
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet project deadlines
- Detail-oriented with an ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- BS in Civil Engineering from ABET-accredited university
- EIT Certification or the ability to obtain within 6-12 months
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 1 N Systems Drive, Appleton, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.