Survey Project Manager
Survey Project Manager - ST. CLOUD, MN
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Survey Project Manager to join our team in St Cloud, MN. The Survey Project Manager will support the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, quality assurance/quality control and completion of professional survey services. Additionally, the role includes, training and mentoring of junior staff, client satisfaction, and business development under the direction of the Survey and Market Leaders within the Land Region and Division. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the survey service leader and market leaders to create, monitor and meet a professional, service-specific education and staff development budget for the survey team.
- Provide and execute an ongoing mentorship plan for junior staff of the survey team.
- Stay current on service-specific trends, technology, software, hardware and equipment.
- Drive value based on innovation.
- Work with the survey service leader to establish, implement, monitor, and maintain procedures and quality standards for the survey group.
- Ensure that survey work products have a consistent appearance across the local land survey team and are delivered efficiently.
- Work with survey service leader and market leaders on staffing, utilization and workload as it relates to survey.
- Work with the division survey service leader, survey service leader, and market leader to grow Westwood’s local and national land survey presence with a focus on developing strategic pursuits of large survey projects such as due diligence portfolios, construction services or large-scale cadastral surveys.
- Support market-based business development by providing technical expertise and generating revenue.
- Build, maintain and grow a strong culture for survey that aligns with the division’s goals, objectives and strategies and Westwood’s core values.
- Ensures division, regional, and company policies and practices are consistently followed within the survey service.
- Lead by example – display solid judgment, good values, trust, honesty, openness, and professionalism.
- Professional Survey License – Licensed in State of the office. Additional states preferred.
- Four-year degree preferred and 10-plus years of experience in a consulting business.
- Must have multi-discipline experience, and a strong understanding of commercial, residential, and public infrastructure markets and projects.
- Must have a strong background in project management.
- Effective verbal communication is necessary and independent judgment is essential.
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills.
- Handle multiple priorities and projects well.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in business development.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 3701 12th St N., St. Cloud, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.