Director, Commercial Market
DIRECTOR, COMMERCIAL MARKET
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Director, Commercial Market to join our team in our San Antonio, Texas office. The primary responsibilities for the Director, Commercial Market includes; implementing the land divisions strategic plan, business development and operations for the commercial market. This role is also responsible for the mentoring and development of the commercial market staff in the office. The Director, Commercial market will work with the Director, Land Division to develop annual business plans and a strategy and vision for maximizing Westwood's share of the commercial market. Westwood is looking for a driven, self-starter, high-performer with good communication skills for their commercial team in San Antonio, TX. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extremely organized
- Demonstrates active listening techniques
- Outgoing, friendly, approachable (team player)
- Strong communication skills with team members and clients
- Proficient in computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Competent technical skills required to complete engineering tasks
- Able to proactively pursue design solutions
- Ability to delegate assignments and determine methods and procedures
- Ability to be open to others’ ideas and willing to compromise
- Detail-oriented but also flexible enough to be big picture/conceptual
- Able to compromise and accept other’s ideas
- Capable of envisioning the client’s goals
- Good reputation amongst peers, clients, and agencies
- Able to follow general directions and guidelines for the firm’s policies, practices, and procedures
- Able to handle multiple priorities well
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Texas (or capable of obtaining)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Land Development
- Knowledge of the commercial land development consulting business
- Excellent business development skills
- Experience in operations and business practices
- Must have insight to the commercial market
- Effective written and verbal communication is necessary and independent judgement is essential
For Preferred Consideration (Not Required):
- Previous experience working with clients in the San Antonio commercial market
- Strong client relationships
- Experience in supervising and managing a design team
- Strong presentation skills paired with the ability to coach and motivate others
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 1718 Dry Creek Way Suite 110, San Antonio, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.