Director, Residential Market
DIRECTOR, RESIDENTIAL MARKET
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Director, Residential Market to join our team in our San Antonio, Texas. The primary responsibilities for the Director, Residential Market includes; implementing the land division strategic plan, business development and operations for the residential market. This role is also responsible for the mentoring and development of the residential market staff in the office. The Director, Residential Market will work with the Director, Land Division to develop annual business plans and a strategy and vision for maximizing Westwood's share of the residential market. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Westwood is looking for a driven, self-starter, high-performer with good communication skills for their residential team in San Antonio, Texas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentors the commercial market staff in the office
- Works with Director, Land Division to Develop the land business plan for the commercial market
- Provides leadership, mentoring and empowerment to commercial project managers in the office
- Assist with short and long-term growth plans for the local commercial market
- Consistently monitors profitability and chargeability of the commercial market
- Involved with strategic hiring of key commercial market staff
- Directs project proposal efforts including scope and fee
- Ensures company policies and procedures are consistently implemented within the commercial market
- Works with Regional Leader and/or Director, Land Division, Director, Business Administration, Director Market Development, and the Land Division Human Resources representative for support within their expertise
- Responsible for managing client relationships
- Responsible for generating revenue in the commercial market
- Responsible for project execution in the commercial market
- Responsible for profitability in the commercial market
- Responsible for accounts receivable/collections
- Responsible for quality control process
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Texas (or capable of obtaining)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Land Development
- Knowledge of the residential land development consulting business
- Excellent business development skills
- Experience in operations and business practices
- Mush have insight to the residential market
- Effective written and verbal communication is necessary and independent judgement is essential
For Preferred Consideration (Not Required):
- Preferred experience working with clients in the San Antonio residential market
- Strong client relationships
- Experience in supervising and managing a design team
- Strong presentation skills paired with the ability to coach and motivate others
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 1718 Dry Creek Way Suite 110, San Antonio, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.