Transportation Graduate Engineer
GRADUATE ENGINEER - LAS VEGAS, NV
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is looking for a Civil Roadway EIT to join our transportation infrastructure team in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our ideal candidate will have 3+ years of roadway design experience supporting public sector projects. Candidates mush have a willingness to perform a variety of civil engineering tasks supporting various projects and project managers. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Become a member of our Transportation Service Group working as part of a multi-disciplinary design team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work as a key member of a roadway design team under the direction of Project Engineer/Manager. Job duties may include but not limited to:
- Work with a team in preparation of various roadway design elements using local (state, county or city) and/or AASHTO standards, including horizontal and vertical alignments; plan and profile; utility design and relocation; streetscape and roadway improvements; bicycle and pedestrian facilities; signing, striping and signalization
- Research and evaluation of data
- Field reviews and other assessments
- Assist with the creation and submission of technical reports, presentations, exhibits and design calculations
- Assist in the preparation of detailed construction drawings using Civil3D
- Assist in the preparation of construction cost estimates/quantity takeoffs
- Coordinate with government entities, utility service providers and subconsultants
- Manage task assignments for budget and schedule adherence
- Outgoing, friendly, approachable (team player)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet project deadlines
- Detail-oriented with an ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Civil3D and Microsoft Office applications
- Able to follow directions and guidelines for the firm's policies, practices, and procedures
- 3+ years of relevant roadway design experience
- BS in Civil Engineering from ABET accredited university
- EIT certification
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located in Las Vegas, NV. View the Google Map in full screen.