Civil Graduate Engineer
GRADUATE ENGINEER - LAS VEGAS, NV
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Graduate Engineer to join our team in our Las Vegas, NV office. We have multiple roles available in Residential Land Development. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients. Talent and attitude are key personality traits we assess when hiring new team members.
A Graduate Engineer is expected to work on a team providing support to a licensed Civil Engineer while learning the company’s standard practices and local agency codes. A large amount of time will be dedicated to becoming proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D. In pursuit of a Professional Engineering license, the applicant needs to be organized, self-motivated, and possess the ability to collaboratively solve complex issues on time and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare various exhibits and design drawings using AutoCAD Civil3D
• Coordination with agency staff and internal support teams on designs, analysis, and issues
• Preparation of entitlement documents in support of Tentative Maps, Vacations, Zone Changes, Entitlements, etc.
• Calculation of quantities using Microsoft Excel and justification letters using Microsoft Word
• Assist with construction drawings using AutoCAD Civil3D including grading plans; plan and profiles; construction details; storm drain, water and sewer facilities; signage and striping plans
• Outgoing, friendly, approachable (team player)
• Strong communication skills with team members and clients, demonstrates active listening techniques
• Proficient in computer software (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Civil3D, Outlook, Microsoft Project)
• Competent technical skills required to complete engineering tasks
• Able to proactively pursue design solutions
• Ability to be open to other's ideas and willing to compromise
• Detail-oriented but also flexible enough to be big picture/conceptual
• Able to compromise and accept other’s ideas
• Good reputation amongst peers, clients, and agencies
• Able to follow general directions and guidelines for the firm’s policies, practices, and procedures
• A supportive team member with the ability to work both independently and within a collaborative environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or the ability to obtain within 6-12 months
• Engineer-in-Training Certificate, or the ability to obtain within 6-12 months
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D software
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located in Las Vegas, NV. View the Google Map in full screen.