Geotechnical Project Manager
Geotechnical Project Manager - Lansdale, PA
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Geotechnical Project Manager to join our team in our Lansdale, PA office. The successful job applicant will be part of a dynamic geotechnical engineering team and will assist with the management and execution of geotechnical investigations and design related to renewable energy projects, substations, transmission lines, and other power-related projects. Work elements may involve some or all the following: estimating, management, training/mentoring staff, coordinating field and laboratory testing, geotechnical analysis and design, report preparation, and construction monitoring/observation. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates for geotechnical investigations and related design work.
- Participate in geotechnical site investigations, assign geotechnical laboratory tests, analyze field and lab data, and prepare investigation reports.
- Interpret and analyze geotechnical data to establish type, classification and engineering characteristics of materials.
- Complete geotechnical engineering analyses including, but not limited to, seepage, slope stability, bearing capacity, settlement, rotational stiffness, and liquefaction.
- Manage, supervise, mentor, and train other geotechnical staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/geotechnical engineering from an ABET accredited college. Master’s degree a plus.
- PE required.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of geotechnical engineering fundamentals, geotechnical testing, and general civil/geotechnical engineering design and construction practices. Geotechnical experience on power-related projects a plus.
- Experience performing and managing geotechnical investigations and reports. Strong technical writing skills.
- Experience supervising and training geotechnical staff.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office and familiarity with gINT, GeoStudio, LPile, MFAD, and other geotechnical software a plus.
- Strong technical, communication, and interpersonal skills. Works best in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to travel/work in the field for extended periods and have the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and various terrains associated with construction projects.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and check the quality of own work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing in English. Experience communicating directly with clients.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to details.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 1684 South Broad Street, Suite 120, Lansdale, PA. View the Google Map in full screen.