Local Service Leader-Water Resources Service
LOCAL WATER RESOURCES SERVICE LEADER - DALLAS, TX
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Local Service Leader - Water Resources Service to join our team in support of the Texas Market. The primary responsibilities for the Local Service Leader include; partnering with the local market leaders to implement the land division strategic plan, business development, and operations for the Water Resources Service in the Dallas office. This role is also responsible for the mentoring and development of the water resources service staff in the office. The Local Water Resources Service Leader will work with the Division Water Resources Service Leader and local market leaders to develop annual business plans and a strategy and vision for maximizing Westwood’s share of the local Water Resources Service. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with Division Service Leader and local market leaders to develop and implement a strategic plan to advance service initiatives in the office that supports the goals of the division.
• Seeking a person with experience/ability in leading/growing/mentoring a young team of water resource engineers
• Works with local market leaders to develop short- and long-term growth plans for the water resources service.
• Partners with local market leaders on project proposal efforts, including scope and fee, for water resources service projects.
• Ensures company culture, policies and procedures are consistently implemented within the service team in the office.
• Stay current on service-specific trends, technology, software, hardware and equipment. Drive value based on innovation.
• Implement, monitor and maintain procedures and quality standards for the service group.
• Work with Division Service Leader to develop and implement standards for work products specific to the service such as design standards, reports, specifications, data files, etc.
• Responsible for service-based workload coordination with other local water resources service leaders and local market leaders.
• Advise Division Service Leader and local market leaders in hiring decisions and identify technical resource needs as it relates to the service groups.
• Support market-based and/or service-based business development in the office by providing technical expertise and water resources revenue generation
• Participate in Westwood’s wellness and safety program and ensure the practices are being implemented within the service group.
• Excellent technical and project management skills
• Must have insight into the water management
• Effective written and verbal communication is necessary and independent judgment is essential
• Handle multiple priorities well
- Knowledge of the water resources service consulting business
- Mush have Texas Professional Engineering (PE) license
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred
- Four-year engineering degree required
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience with water management in the State of Texas - primarily focused on private/residential/commercial/industrial development
- Experience preparing Letters of Map Revisions to FEMA and coordinating with FEMA
- Experience in operations and business practices
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 2740 North Dallas Parkway, Dallas, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.