Project Engineer - Residential
PROJECT ENGINEER - RESIDENTIAL - PHOENIX, AZ
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer to join our Residential Land Development operations in Phoenix, Arizona. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare site and subdivision plans for residential, commercial, and industrial projects
• Experience with stormwater management, storm sewer plans and profiles, outfall analysis, sanitary sewer plans and patterns, water line plans and patterns, water network analysis, public street design, pavement striping, and signage plans
• Review local zoning codes, preliminary entitlements, process requirement submittals, and permitting requirements
• Assist in maintaining client relationships by providing exceptional services and quality performance through our deliverable
• Leadership skills and the ability to meet deadlines and provide high-quality service to the client
• Prepares detailed construction drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Identifies applicable codes, standards, or other design requirements
• Tracks progress of an assigned task against a defined schedule and budget
• Prepares detailed design calculations and analysis
• Coordinates with other project staff and associated disciplines and/or sub-consultants such as drainage, traffic, water/wastewater, structural and survey
• Coordinates with government agencies, utility providers, or other outside agencies
• Depending on experience, some coordination with Client and/or Architect
• Performs field reviews and other assessments for use in design
• Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates
• Participates in contract bidding and administration and provides limited observation during construction
• Supervises the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project
• Mentor and train designers
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D
• Project organization and time management skills
• 5+ years of experience in land development engineering
• P.E. license preferred or EIT with experience
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 6909 East Greenway Parkway Suite 250, Phoenix, AZ. View the Google Map in full screen.