Field Services Project Manager
Field Services Project Manager - Minneapolis, MN
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Field Services Project Manager to join our team in our Minneapolis, MN office. As a Field Services Project Manager, the individual will lead, mentor, manage, and support a diverse team of engineering and construction professionals whom support field based tasks associated with the development and construction of wind, solar, and power delivery projects across the US. Westwood’s Field Services Project Manager role is a fast paced, dynamic, and rewarding role that offers an experienced construction and/or engineering professional the opportunity to develop and implement field based solutions supporting the design and construction of nationwide power projects. Individuals that excel in this role are passionate about their work, enjoy complex problem solving and innovation, proficient at many managing projects and client relationships, and enjoy mentoring, teaching, and leading others. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project management, including but not limited to proposal preparation, budget management, subcontractor management, staff management and support, client support, and invoicing
- Provide technical leadership supporting the design and construction of nationwide power projects
- Producing technical reports from data collected in the field
- As needed, travel to project sites to support project challenges and/or staff training
- Develop and manage client relationships
- Provide innovation leadership for current and future service offerings
- Support standards creation for current and future service offerings
- Support the hiring, training, and onboarding of new staff
- Manage staff scheduling and workload balancing
- Provide mentorship and training to junior staff
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or construction management
- 5+ years of experience with design and/or construction of wind, solar, or power delivery projects
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Experience with hiring, mentoring, and training of staff
- Experience promoting a safe work environment and culture
- Strong aptitude in the use of technology for engineering and construction applications
- Positive attitude and solution orientated approach to problems
- Willingness and flexibility to travel as needed
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 12701 Whitewater Drive Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.