Electrical Project Manager
Electrical Project Manager - Madison, WI
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Electrical Project Manager to join our team in our Madison, WI office. The position is for a lead electrical engineer to design solar photovoltaic (PV) systems and/or wind collection systems, which includes: plant layout, selecting appropriate system hardware, system optimization, determining power generation and interconnection requirements for projects, and being the client and internal leader for projects. As lead Electrical Engineer and Project Manager, the individual will coordinate with the Westwood Local Service Leader and the Electrical Engineering Manager to maintain firm standards and consistency as well as oversee other electrical designers and manage the electrical engineering portion of projects. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage existing clients and assist in developing new client relationships
• Manage the electrical engineering of commercial and utility scale solar and/or wind projects and be responsible managing the electrical design budget for the project to insure budgets are met
• Coordinate with other project disciplines including civil engineers, geotechnical/structural engineers, and surveyors
• Oversee and be responsible for staff performing electrical calculations and studies such as short circuit, load flow calculations and voltage drop.
• Coordinate with clients, utilities, and code enforcement officers.
• QA/QC of design work performed on projects for which you are the lead electrical engineer responsible for the project
• Maintain awareness of currently available equipment and industry best practices
• Collaborate with and support electrical engineering teams in other offices as projects and workload sharing between offices dictates.
• Support construction of the project by responding to contractor and owner requests including RFIs and submittal review
• Experience and knowledge of overall design and construction of utility scale PV and/or wind plants.
• Knowledge of NEC and NESC
• Knowledge and proficiency in the use of an electrical power system modeling program(s)
• Associates Degree in Electrical Design, Renewable Energy Design, or other related degree
• Approximately 10 years of experience in the design of electrical distribution, generation, and or general electrical construction
• Working knowledge and ability to read construction drawings and specifications
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• Professional appearance with excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write detailed technical reports with minimal oversite
• Experience with writing proposals, managing project budgets, invoices and change order process, progress reports, managing project data and communicating project requirements to client and internal stakeholders.
• Must have a strong work ethic along with a positive attitude
• Must be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment
• Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines without supervision
• Ability to use AutoCAD in a limited capacity
For Preferred Consideration (Not Required):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Alternative Energy Engineering, or similar program.
• NABCEP Certification
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Electrical PE License or ability to be licensed in multiple states
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2018, Westwood received Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For and Marketing Excellence awards, ranked on industry top 25 lists, and received recognition for its involvement on award-winning projects nationwide.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 8401 Greenway Blvd Suite 400, Madison, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.