Electrical Project Engineer
Electrical Project Engineer - Madison, WI
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Electrical Project Engineer or Electrical Design Technician to join our team in our Madison, WI office. The position will be a member of our Electrical Engineering group for solar, wind or energy storage plants, which includes; plant layout/collection design, selecting appropriate system hardware, system optimization, power production modeling, and interconnection requirements for projects. This individual will support senior designers/engineers in the preparation of construction documents. The position has plenty of opportunity for growth in this fast expanding renewable market. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Construction document production support
- Coordinate with various design team disciplines including civil engineers, geotechnical engineers, and surveyors
- Utilize Autocad to create construction documents and perform quantity takeoffs. Construction documents will include site layouts, wire/cable routing plans, onelines, details, equipment/wire schedules, etc.
- Create wiring/cable schedules based takeoffs and sizing input from senior designers/engineers
- Modeling and running electrical and grounding studies using ETAP, Digsilent Power Factory, CYMCAP, and WinIGS
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of Westwood design/CAD standards
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of NEC and/or NESC
- Experience and knowledge of basic electrical design concepts
- Associates Degree or Technical School Certificate in Electrical Design/Engineering or related degree
- Approximately 4 - 8 years of experience in the drafting/design of electrical power/distribution systems
- Working knowledge and ability to read construction drawings and specifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows/Office products
- Professional appearance with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must have a strong work ethic along with a positive attitude
- Must be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment capable of both leading and following.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines
For Preferred Consideration (Not Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- PE License or ability to obtain
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or PLS CAD
- Substation and/or T&D Line Design Experience
- Proficiency with ETAP, SKM, CYME, Digsilent Power Factory, Aspen, PSSE, or similar software package used to model electrical power systems and perform load flow, short circuit, voltage drop, grounding, thermal, protective device coordination studies and analysis, and arc flash studies
- Experience with WinIGS or CDEGS grounding analysis software
- Experience with PVsyst, Helioscope, SAM, Helios 3D, SunDAT or other PV design software
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2018, Westwood received Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For and Marketing Excellence awards, ranked on industry top 25 lists, and received recognition for its involvement on award-winning projects nationwide.
This position is located at 8401 Greenway Blvd Suite 400, Madison, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.