Graduate Engineer - Water Resources
GRADUATE ENGINEER - Water Resources - PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc., a leading national land and energy development consultant, is seeking a Water Resources Graduate Engineer in our Phoenix, Arizona office. This position will provide project-level hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and design on a variety of projects in Arizona and throughout the United States. This is an opportunity to join a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals. Westwood is dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Westwood is looking for a driven, self-starter with good communication skills for their Water Resources team. This individual will be pairing their water resources civil engineering technical skills with their communication experience to coordinate, plan, organize, and execute project tasks within their team.
A Graduate Engineer I is expected to work on a team providing support to a licensed Civil Engineer while learning the company’s standard practices and local agency codes. A large amount of time will be dedicated to becoming proficient in hydrologic and hydraulic programs and AutoCAD. In pursuit of a Professional Engineering license, the applicant needs to be organized, self-motivated, and possess the ability to collaboratively solve complex issues on time and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform hydrologic and hydraulic calculations
• Use hydrologic and hydraulic programs to evaluate drainage conditions
• Prepare drainage reports
• Prepare various exhibits and design drawings using AutoCAD
• Coordination with agency staff and internal support teams on designs, analysis, and issues
• Outgoing, friendly, approachable (team player)
• Strong communication skills with team members, demonstrates active listening techniques
• Proficient in computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Competent technical skills required to complete engineering tasks
• Able to proactively pursue design solutions
• Good reputation amongst peers, clients, and agencies
• Follow general directions and guidelines for the firm’s policies, practices, and procedures
• A supportive team member with the ability to work both independently and within a collaborative environment
• Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Related Field
• Engineer-in-Training Certificate, or the ability to obtain within 6-12 months
For Preferred Consideration (Not Required):
• Working experience with AutoCAD
• Experience working in the field of drainage and flood control
• Strong desire to work in the field of drainage and flood control
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 6909 East Greenway Parkway Suite 250, Phoenix, AZ. View the Google Map in full screen.