Project Manager - Residential
Project Manager - Las Vegas, NV
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Project Manager within the Residential group to join their operations in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Westwood is looking for a self-starter, driven, high-performer with good communication skills. This individual will be pairing their civil engineering technical skills with their project management experience to coordinate, plan, organize, and execute projects within their team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage projects from inception through completion
• Prepare and manage proposals, contracts, invoicing, work in process and account receivables
• Represent clients and firm in meetings with governmental agencies
• Prepare, maintain, coordinate project schedules of multiple concurrent projects with clients and design team
• Develop and track project milestones to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery
• Recruit, manage, develop, lead, inspire, coach design team
• Prepare plan documents and supporting design calculations
• Produce high-quality work and implement and maintain QA/QC procedures
• Support business development in preparation of proposals
• Able to understand proposals and contract scope of services.
• Able to identify scope creep, write and capture additional services in a timely manner
• Oversee the technical, legal, and financial aspects of various projects
• Coordinate with other disciplines and support services
• Make decisions independently in regards to various issues and methods
• Able to accept and give performance feedback
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Extremely organized
• Demonstrates active listening techniques
• Outgoing, friendly, approachable (team player)
• Previous leadership experience or someone ready for a step up
• Strong communication skills with team members and clients
• Proficient in computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project)
• Competent technical skills required to complete engineering tasks
• Able to proactively pursue design solutions
• Ability to delegate assignments and determine methods and procedures
• Ability to be open to others ideas and willing to compromise
• Detail-oriented but also flexible enough to be big picture/conceptual
• Able to compromise and accept other’s ideas
• Capable of envisioning the client’s goals
• Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Nevada (or capable of obtaining)
• Previous experience working with clients in the residential market
• Management experience in accounts receivable, invoicing, and overall duties involved in managing a design team
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a project engineer
• Good reputation amongst peers, clients, and agencies
• Able to follow general directions and guidelines for the firm’s policies, practices, and procedures
For Preferred Consideration (Not Required):
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D
• Strong presentation skills paired with the ability to coach and motivate others
• Has current residential client relationships
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located in Las Vegas, NV. View the Google Map in full screen.