Project Engineer - Roadway
Project Engineer (Roadway) - Las Vegas, NV
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer (Roadway) to join our Transportation Infrastructure Team in Las Vegas, Nevada. A Project Engineer is expected to work independently or as a part of a team providing engineering calculations and various design services. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Work as a key member of a roadway design team under the direction of various Project Managers. Job duties may include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with a team in the preparation of plans, specifications and cost estimates for projects of various size and complexity
• Work with a team in the preparation of various roadway design elements using local (state, county or city) and/or AASHTO standards, including horizontal and vertical alignments; plan and profile; utility design and relocation; streetscape and roadway improvements; bicycle and pedestrian facilities; signing, striping and signalization
• Prepare plan documents and supporting design calculations
• Prepare detailed construction drawings using AutoCAD Civil3D
• Produce high quality work and implement and maintain quality assurance procedures
• Oversee the technical aspects of various projects
• Coordinate with other disciplines and support services
• Coordinate with utility service providers throughout the design process to identify and resolve conflicts
• Identify applicable codes, standards or other design requirements
• Prepare technical specifications and cost estimates
• Perform field reviews and other assessments for use in design
• Participate in contract bidding and provide limited observation during construction
• Represent clients and firm in meetings with governmental agencies
• Develop and track milestones to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
• Make decisions independently in regard to various issues and methods
• Mentor, train and/or supervise the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel
• Outgoing, friendly, approachable (team player)
• Strong communications skills with team members and clients
• Proficient in computer software (Word, Excel, Civil3D, Outlook, Microsoft Project)
• Proficient in the use of national design standard (MUTCD, AASHTO)
• Competent technical skills required to complete engineering tasks
• Ability to delegate assignments and determine methods and procedures
• Able to follow directions and guidelines for the firm's policies, practices, and procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Nevada (or capable of obtaining within 4 months)
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in roadway design
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located in Las Vegas, NV. View the Google Map in full screen.