Local Survey Service Leader
LOCAL SURVEY SERVICE LEADER - Minneapolis, MN
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Local Survey Service Leader to join our team. The primary responsibilities for the Local Survey Service Leader include; partnering with the local market leaders to implement the land division strategic plan, business development, and operations for the Survey Service in the Minneapolis office. This role is also responsible for the mentoring and development of the survey service staff in the office. The Local Survey Service Leader will work with the Division Survey Service Leader and local market leaders to develop annual business plans and a strategy and vision for maximizing Westwood’s share of the local Survey Service. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with Division Service Leader and local market leaders to develop and implement a strategic plan to advance service initiatives in the office that supports the goals of the division.
• Provides leadership, mentoring, and empowerment to service team in the office
• Works with local market leaders to develop short- and long-term growth plans for the survey service.
• Partners with local market leaders on project proposal efforts, including scope and fee, for survey service projects.
• Ensures company culture, policies, and procedures are consistently implemented within the service team in the office.
• Stay current on service-specific trends, technology, software, hardware, and equipment. Drive value-based on innovation.
• Implement, monitor, and maintain procedures and quality standards for the service group.
• Work with Division Service Leader to develop and implement standards for work products specific to the service such as design standards, reports, specifications, data files, etc.
• Responsible for service-based workload coordination with other local survey service leaders and local market leaders.
• Advise Division Service Leader and local market leaders in hiring decisions and identify technical resource needs as it relates to the service groups.
• Support market-based and/or service-based business development in the office by providing technical expertise and survey revenue generation
• Participate in Westwood’s wellness and safety program and ensure the practices are being implemented within the service group.
- Must be a licensed professional surveyor
- Knowledge of the survey service consulting business
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in survey service
- Excellent technical and project management skills
- Experience in operations and business practices
- Must have insight to the survey service
- Effective written and verbal communication is necessary and independent judgment is essential
- Handle multiple priorities well
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 12701 Whitewater Drive Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.