W A T E R W O R K S
Inspiring Great People and Great Design
When you see the world’s most inspiring homes and hotels, you invariably find Waterworks in the mix. For over 40 years, our designs have elevated the bath and kitchen experience, with exquisite fittings, fixtures, hardware and more. We strive to be participants in exceptional design moments not just through our products, but through how our company name shows up in the world at large.
What We Provide
What gives us an edge over our competitors is our people. We work in a highly collaborative, creative environment that values each team member’s contributions to our mission. We empower our employees with extensive training, career growth opportunities, competitive salaries, bonus potential and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401k.
The Kitchen Design Consultant is accountable for driving, developing and maximizing the sales efforts for the Waterworks Kitchen/Cabinetry brand in the local New York area. The right candidate will combine their expert kitchen/cabinetry design knowledge with a passion for sales and customer service to increase market share. Through outside marketing and partnering with Showroom Sales Consultants, you will build strong relationships with architects, the design community, contractors as well as retail clients. This role will be supporting both our 58th Street and Flatiron showroom locations.
- Drive sales efforts of the Waterworks Kitchen/Cabinetry brand in the local area to ensure every opportunity is made to sell multiple rooms and multiple lines of business through partnership with showroom sales consultants
- Meet quarterly sales targets
- Build relationships with the design community through business development efforts
- Partner with showroom sales team on client marketing activities
- Act as kitchen expert for showroom, mentoring Sales Consultants on Waterworks kitchen sales process
- Manage all kitchen projects from sales to completion ensuring a superior client experience
- Provide kitchen design based on sales quote using 20/20 and or Autocad
- Perform preliminary on-site client visit to confirm accurate project measurements
- Attend on-site client installations to assure perfect project outcome including on site presence on delivery day
- Ensure that all sales quotes and orders are entered timely and accurately, including capture of associated parties and ensuring T&C compliance.
- Communicate clearly with internal and external clients to ensure timely and accurate delivery of product
- Provide all necessary order and product information to client including pricing, specifications, installation guidelines, care and warranty
- Partner with internal customers (General Managers, Sales Consultant, Client Services, and Product Support) to resolve client issues in timely manner and to client’s satisfaction
- Stay current on product range and competitors’ offerings to represent the brand and product accurately & confidently
- Use reference materials in showroom and on Intranet to provide solutions and make recommendations to clients
- Model the Waterworks values within the showrooms
- Other projects as assigned
Required Skills / Experience
- 3-5 years of kitchen sales and design
- Experience with cabinetry; custom a plus
- Previous inside sales/business development experience with strong client service focus
- Solid knowledge of cabinetry construction and design planning
- Strong project management, organizational skills, and ability to work within a team environment
- Proficient in use of 2020 and/or Autocad and Microsoft office applications
- Strong persuasion skills and the ability to influence others
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, with the ability to find connections between company’s products and client’s needs and to provide alternative solutions
- Must travel to on site client locations on a regular basis
- Interior Design, technical plumbing/building concepts knowledge
- Experience working with high-end or luxury products preferred
- Travel required up to 25% of the time
Compensation for this role is a base pay salary range of $70,000 - $90,000 per year in the New York market, with a generous commission plan. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Waterworks is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by federal or state law or local ordinance.
This position is located at 215 East 58th Street, New York, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.