Director of Planning and Procurement
Waterworks - Inspiring Great People and Great Design.
Join the Nation’s premiere brand for bath and kitchen and discover a luxury work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can be challenged to learn and grow to your full potential.
Our Supply Chain organization is growing! We are currently looking for Director of Planning and Procurement who will be a strategic leader within our newly restructured Supply Chain organization. This high profile role will lead a team that builds long and short term capacity plans; creates & monitors factory production orders; sets inventory targets, manages to targets, and owns inventory controls; analyzes and manages factory costs; reviews on-time performance and quality by factory; and leads liquidation efforts for discontinued and overstock product. This role will be the knowledge expert around Waterworks’ factories; establishing, managing, and maintaining strong factory relationships and being the primary liaison for the company. The Director will have an in-depth understanding of the current factories processes and procedures; support sourcing teams on new factory decisions & allocate capacity to the factory network; and work with Product, Distribution Center, and factory teams to drive cost efficiencies while maintaining design, craftsmanship, and service. The right candidate must have strong negotiation skills and be able to influence key internal and external partners in order to drive cost efficiencies and ultimately growth.
This role will directly manage the Capacity Planning, Inventory/Order Management teams, Inventory Control Team, and Liquidation and will work in close partnership with the Director of Distribution and Assembly and the Director of Engineering. .
True to Waterworks roots, we value and cultivate long-standing relationships with our clients and our associates. We work in a highly collaborative, creative environment that values each associate’s contribution toward delivering beautiful, innovative, luxury products while providing superior customer service. We offer our associates training on all three brands under the Waterworks umbrella, career growth opportunities, competitive salaries, bonus potential, and a comprehensive benefits package including 401k.
- Manage open-to-buy, planning and forecasting processes, planning calendar and development of actionable analysis with the main objective of identifying opportunities to drive business while building, managing and motivating a cohesive planning strategy
- Prepare updated forecasts for the monthly open-to-buy and quarterly forecasts for top factories, while proactively communicating issues and identifying appropriate action steps
- Work with finance partner on business analysis (weekly, monthly, quarterly) to present the financial objectives, trends, opportunities, learnings and liabilities of the department in order to enable strategic decision making by line of business
- Manage key item attributes to support forecasting and business analysis
- Develop and manage vendor/supplier database and communications portal
- Monitor quote and sales data across all skus ensuring we are proactively addressing potential service risks or excess inventory
- Communicates with Sales Channel leaders and Service teams to ensure service standards and service agreements are being met as well as understanding future inventory requirements to support changes in forecasted sales.
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders across Marketing, Web, Product Development, Resourcing and Warehousing to gather key insights and information relevant to the forecast.
- Own maintenance and development of automated forecasting system; Partner with IT and external vendors to evolve system to support new and existing business practices
- Work with cross functional partners and external vendors to identify opportunities with systems, processes and communications to improve efficiencies in the supply chain
- Conduct annual audit and business evaluations of top factories (in partnership with cross functional partners) to review goals, achievements, trends, challenges, obstacles, future goals and financial performance
- Identify opportunities with key suppliers to improve costs, quality of service and products, communications and efficiencies
- Constantly seeks out new suppliers to construct a sound supplier base in order to support future business growth and to position Waterworks for success regardless of business trends
- Develop strong partnerships and communications with all factories to maintain and grow a sound supplier base in order to support future business growth and to position Waterworks for success regardless of business trends
- Recruits, trains and develops team to succeed in a high performance organization
- Key partner to Director of Distribution and Assembly and Product Development Directors
- Oversee company cycle count program, including process, reporting and auditing per requirements outlined
- Other accountabilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Manufacturing; MS preferred
- Minimum 10 years procurement experience in retail environment & distribution of multi-channeled business; and/or design manufacturing
- Minimum 5 years sourcing cast, forged, or machined parts domestically and internationally
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems
- Superior negotiation skills
- Very well-developed financial analysis capabilities and demonstrated ability to manage large volume of data
- Ability to thrive in a changing and dynamic environment;
- Ability to problem solve quickly; make sound decisions, as well as think laterally to offer creative solutions
- Must be a quick learner and able to work under pressure; manage multiple tasks, and priorities
- Proven ability to create, present and execute strategic plans
- Exemplary time management skills
- A logical and systematic approach to work
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized self-starter
- Strong analytical skills with ability to solve complex problems and use good judgment
- Entrepreneurial personality; strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Flexible, organized, team player.
- Technical detail-oriented with the ability to handle electronic data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with deep knowledge of excel
- Dynamic leader with the ability to successfully lead, coach, develop team
- Travel required up to 25% domestic and international
- Plumbing knowledge a plus
This position is located at 595 Federal Road, Brookfield, CT. View the Google Map in full screen.