Outside Sales Consultant
Waterworks - Inspiring great people and great design.
Join the nation’s premiere brand for bath and kitchen and discover a luxury work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can be challenged to learn and grow to your full potential. We're looking for individuals who enjoy an entrepreneurial, collaborative, customer-centric environment.
We are currently searching for an Outside Sales Consultant to own the territory of the Hamptons and Suffolk County. This role is a sales specialist, project manager, and design consultant who builds collaborative relationships with clients for long term, repeat business. The right candidate will combine their passion for sales and luxury design to become a trusted resource to the client, recommending design solutions while providing the highest levels of service with integrity and professionalism. The Outside Sales Consultant is responsible for meeting or exceeding their individual sales plan for their territory and ensuring a profitable book of business. Position reports into the General Manager of the Waterworks Flatiron Showroom.
As a Waterworks brand ambassador, the Outside Sales Consultant model the Waterworks values of leadership, fearless sales strategies, customer service focus, and a strong knowledge of and passion for the Waterworks products.
True to Waterworks roots, we value and cultivate long-standing relationships with our clients and our associates. We work in a highly collaborative, creative environment that values each associate’s contribution toward delivering beautiful, innovative, luxury products while providing superior customer service. We offer our associates training on all three brands under the Waterworks umbrella, career growth opportunities, competitive salaries, bonus potential, and a comprehensive benefits package including 401k.
- Conducts prospecting activities and outside marketing within designated territory at least 40-50% of the week, with balance of work-week focused on service and project management for existing clients.
- Through outside marketing, social media, in-office and virtual client presentations, and other avenues (pop-up’s, scouting partnerships and planned client dinners) to cultivate and grow relationships with trade clients in the territory covered by the showroom
- Strong ability to effectively and confidently pitch the Waterworks’ line of products both in person and virtually using technology
- Set marketing strategies and revenue goals by client and own results
- Communicate business strategies and outlook with appropriate forecasting as required
- Execute weekly field/summary reports and up-coming week’s appointment schedule to General Manager
- Partners with the General Manager and other team members to implement innovative ways to market and sell Waterworks products, inclusive of the Commercial division, where any commercial leads that are sourced within designated markets, that lead to an order, are rewarded via a kicker program.
- Participate in local design industry and hospitality events: lunches/dinners; partner industry events; etc.
Design Services/Project Management
- Provide exemplary service to enhance long-term relationships with current clients and actively identify and secure new clients
- Increase the spend by client to include all bath and secondary areas and create more loyal client base
- Manage projects, tracking procurement and budget expenditures as projects move through planning, design and production
- Sell “after” project products as well. I.E. - Accessories, home furnishings to generate increased revenue.
- Work directly with Client Services, Returns/Product Support to resolve client issues in a timely manner
- Maintain and build upon operational processes to uphold Waterworks brand and to ensure client needs are met
- Use CRM and other tools to quantify return on investment in making client calls and networking
- Own order process from start to finish (enter sample requests, quotes/orders with follow through to shipping)
- Join and participate in assigned Showroom team meetings providing territory status updates
- Manage travel budget carefully to ensure return on investment
- Respond in a timely manner to all internal communication
- Model the Waterworks values within the designated territory and respective showroom
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 5 plus years of experience with inside/outside sales in a high end luxury brand environment
- Interior Design experience/exposure; working knowledge of plumbing and/or building
- This role requires some knowledge of the Hamptons design community
- Ability to work in an outside field environment; to travel and market within territory 60% of the week, available to attend weekly meeting at assigned showroom
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding sales quotas
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, with the ability to find connections between company’s products and client’s needs and to provide alternative solutions
- Ability to negotiate and close deals
- Strong persuasion skills and the ability to influence others
- Exceptional time management skills
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Ability to work autonomously
- Service driven approach
- Digitally savvy – willing and able to successfully connect with clients virtually
- Strong working knowledge of online meeting tools (webex, google, zoom) with the ability and technology to work from home
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Travel up to 60% of the time
This position is located in South Hampton, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.