Supervising Production Engineer
Manufacturing and Operations
WaferTech has an opening for a Supervising Production engineer in our manufacturing group. As a supervising production engineer, you manage and direct the activities of Production Specialist on a 12-hour shift. You should be willing to work any shift (12 hour shifts on 4/3/3/4 work week). WaferTech is a fast-paced semiconductor environment. Our ideal candidate will exhibit excellent teamwork skills and demonstrate our four core values: Integrity, Innovation, Commitment and Customer Trust.
- Show strong people and leadership skills and people development skills
- Manage training and learning gaps for all production specialist.
- Manager and train direct labor in the manufacturing process
- Improve people productivity and efficiencies.
- Monitor and control daily production in the wafer fabrication plant
- Work with process and equipment on issues that hinder production.
- Coordinate equipment and process tools to align with manufacturing priorities
- Facilitate equipment problem resolution
- Strong communication skills are a must
- Be able to take several priorities for the day and organize team to meet all priorities.
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and quick to identify and highlight issues is a must
- Knowledge of constraint management and SPC (preferred)
- Strong Excel and MS Suite knowledge. Power BI experience a plus
- SQL, VB or Java experience is a plus
- Degree from an accredited program (BS, or higher)
- Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical engineering preferred
- Successful completion of college-level Statistics course
- Supervisor experience or previous Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Team lead, shift lead, coordinator at a past job
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
While interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
You can now choose to receive text messages from WaferTech! Just check the box on your application allowing notifications by text. We will only text you in relations to jobs you have applied for here at WaferTech. You will not receive ads or notifications about jobs you did not apply for.
This position is located in Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.