Equipment Technician - Thin Film
Engineering --> Equipment
WaferTech currently has an Equipment Technician open in our Thin Film department. This Equipment Technician will be in the CVD section of our Thin Film department. Must be flexible to work any shift on a compressed, 12-hour shift structure. Perform complex electronic/mechanical troubleshooting and preventative maintenance duties on semiconductor fabrication equipment in a clean room environment.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on all CVD tools. Additional projects as assigned by manager.
- Work with counterparts within engineering department and other departments to meet quality and manufacturing goals.
- Repair equipment according to schematics, manuals and standard operating procedures. Utilize equipment performance indices to identify issues and take appropriate actions.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
While interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered.
You can now choose to receive text messages from WaferTech! Just check the box on your application! We will only text you in relations to jobs you have applied for.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to multi-task in a high-paced /high stress situation
- Strong attention to detail and able to work independently with minimum instruction
- Able to quickly earn on the job and actively seeks out opportunities to expand knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Experience maintaining equipment logs, repair data and shift pass-down is preferred
- Maintenance/troubleshooting experience of semiconductor tools is preferred
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Explorer, Excel.
- Familiar with use of electronic test equipment and hand tools
- 2 year AA or equivalent degree in engineer related field or currently enrolled is preferred
- Previous semiconductor experience in PVD/CVD area is preferred
This position is located in Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.