Facilities Engineer - Electrical
Facilities --> Gas, Chemical Delivery, Pumps
WaferTech currently has a Facilities Electrical Engineer position open in our Facilities department. Our ideal candidate will assume will manage full system design, maintenance, and improvements in an Industrial Facilities setting. The position may require occasional emergency onsite response during off-duty hours.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of Industrial Equipment, Generators, and Power Distribution Systems
- Managing projects and maintenance of assigned systems/equipment, contracting 3rd parties to perform custom jobs, building system proof of concepts and installing proposed project components based on interest in skillset.
- Responding to system alarms even on night and weekends to maintain manufacturing reliability
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
While interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered.
You can now choose to receive text messages from WaferTech! Just check the box on your application allowing notifications by text. We will only text you in relations to jobs you have applied for here at WaferTech. You will not receive ads or notifications about jobs you did not apply for.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
- 4 year Electrical Engineering degree, preferred emphasis on Power
- Professional experience or internships in industrial environments around power distribution systems
- Competent programmer in Matlab, C/C#/C++, Python or Industrial Protocols
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and Windows
- Team player, solution-minded, takes ownership, self-managed
- Interested in auto mechanics, programming, mechatronics, robotics or construction
- Can manage difficult terrain, stairs, extended periods standing / walking, and can safely lift 35-lb objects and can balance field and desk work
This position is located in Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.