Parts Technician - Diffusion
Engineering --> Equipment
WaferTech currently has an Equipment/Parts Technician position open in our Diffusion department. As an Equipment/Parts Technician, you will support and be involved with troubleshooting, maintaining and improving diffusion equipment, components and assemblies; will assist with all tasks related and assigned to the equipment group. This is a Monday – Friday shift working 8 hours a day (6am-3pm).
- Have enough technical knowledge to be able to use personal judgment when performing rebuild task
- Responsible for shipping and receiving spare or repair parts
- Maintain spare parts inventory and keep organized working are
- Keep good communication with diffusion technicians and engineers for any issues
- Anticipate parts needs by working with equipment group on their PM scheduling
- Disassemble, clean, reassemble and Helium leak check DIFF furnace PM parts
- Perform PMs on Tube cleaner, Oven and DIW Sink items (filter change, Vessel valve change rebuild…)
Future opportunity to work on the floor on Diffusion PMs and future career growth within the Diffusion EE group is possible. Needs to have Electronics background and be comfortable with working around acid environment. Needs to be flexible and willing to take on all jobs regarding Diffusion area.
Excellent teamwork skills and demonstrate of our four core values of integrity, Customer, Partnership, Innovation and Commitment is key. If you would like a challenging and rewarding career and to work with other great people, submit your resume today.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
While interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
You can now choose to receive text messages from WaferTech! Just check the box on your application! You will not receive ads, we will only text you regarding the jobs you have applied for.
- 42 STEM credits or current enrollment in related degree program or related equivalent experience.
- Understanding of semiconductor equipment and systems preferred
- Electrical and mechanical trouble shooting skills
- Very strong computer skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Need superb attention to detail and following safety rules
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Attentional to detail and safety
- Ability to learn quickly, self-motivated and able to handle multiple tasks in high-paced environment.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday shift working 8 hours a day (6am-3pm)
This position is located at 5509 NW Parker Street, Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.