Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Technician/Facilities Electrician
Facilities --> Electrical
WaferTech currently has an Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Technician/Facilities Electrician position open in our Facilities department. The Facilities I&C Technician will be the onsite employee to respond to system alarms and maintenance during shift hours. The technician position is part of a larger engineering team which manages all maintenance, troubleshooting and system development for critical facilities equipment. Due to 24/7 manufacturing environment, potion sometimes requires overtime and availability of being contacted outside of scheduled working hours. Employees will work a compressed shift (four 12-hour days one week, three 12-hour days the next week) from 6AM-6PM.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of controls, Windows-based computers, networks and instrumentation
- Programming Allen Bradley PLCs with ladder logic, building system proof of concepts and installing proposed project components based on personal interest and skillsets
- Responding to system alarms while on shift, will be expected to to work nights and weekends at supervisor's request
- Propose improvements in system design, component selection, and maintenance plans to optimize system reliability and sustainability
- Implement team ideas in terms of construction, configuration, and operation
- Some Electrical construction, for
- Electrical-based Maintenance and troubleshooting involving simple starter assemblies, VFDS (Inverters), Motors, Industrial Equipment, etc..
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
Please note: interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Windows operating systems, installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Team player, solution-minded, takes ownership, self-managed
- Can manage difficult terrain, stairs, extended periods of standing/walking, and can lift 35lbs
Preferred not required:
- 3-5 years I&C experience in Facilities, large equipment/system, or manufacturing environment
- PLC programming skills (DCS, RSLogix, ladder logic, Beckhoff PLCs, PROVOX)
- Electrical License (Plant, Technician, Journeyman)
- 2-yr or higher college or technical degree
- Programming experience: CISCO switches, MODBus, EhterNet, Woderware, industrial protocols
- Interests in auto mechanics, programming, mechatronics, robotics or construction
This position is located in Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.