Chemical Lab Technician
Engineering --> Quality
The chemical lab technician position which consists of monitoring (sampling and analysis) FAB process solutions in a cleanroom environment for a semiconductor company. The lab is a fast-paced environment located inside a cleanroom which requires quick turnaround on your assessments. You will be spending significant time in a cleanroom environment collecting samples. The ideal candidate is willing to work with hazardous and dangerous chemicals, specifically concentrated acids and bases.
The Chem Lab Technician will:
- Follow safety protocols per station and tasking requirements.
- Perform routine chemical, air, and bacteria monitoring sampling.
- Perform sample prep for analysis.
- Perform wet chemistry analysis.
- Operate analytical instruments.
- Assist in non-routine sampling and analysis.
- Will have responsibility for recording and identifying contamination levels,
- If anomalies are found and confirmed, issue notices and assist recovery.
- Assist in performing instrument maintenance.
- Maintain analytical records.
- Maintain laboratory housekeeping (5S) environment and protocols.
- Once certified and understand the lab function fully can be expected to work solo.
- Be part of our team’s on-call schedule.
- Support Fab manufacturing operations.
- Ability to communicate across departments.
Shift: WaferTech is a 24/7 work environment and this shift will be on a customized schedule, with the expectation of an on-call rotation (after training).
More About The Company: WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
- Competitive pay, including built-in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401(k) with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time-off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffle board, ping pong, pool tables, etc)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Nature trails through the property
Please Note: While interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
- Strong understanding of analytical chemical principles
- Experience in any of the following tools and techniques: ICP-MS, GFAA, IC, VPD-ICP-MS, AMC monitoring, trace metal analysis and sampling, is preferred
- Wet chemistry experience and sample preparation skills
- Chemical respirator protocols must be met
- Clean room experience and/or experience in IC manufacturing a plus
- Computer experience with spreadsheets and word processor a must
- Problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work in team environment, as well as individually
- Capable for prioritization, multitasking, and time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's in Chemistry or related field
- 2+ years of experience in an Analytical Chemical Lab
This position is located at 5509 NW Parker Street, Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.