Technician - Quality
WaferTech currently has a Technician position open in our Quality department. The individual will perform outgoing Quality Assurance activities to ensure only good wafers are delivered to our customers. The role is to act as the first line of defense, to analyze defects and assign them to the associated process owners. An eye for detail will help characterize defects, while the application of semiconductor process knowledge and learned experience will help determine what caused the defects. The individual will provide guidance to operators in defect review and work with engineers to ensure cases are closed correctly. Innovation is one of WaferTech’s core values and necessary to be involved in the improvement of our systems and methods.
Clean Room Environment: This position does require you to be in a clean room environment. What this entails is wearing a bunny suit, glasses, gloves, a clean room mask, and no cosmetics such as perfume, cologne or hair products. We provide clean room shoes that you will keep on-site and insoles for your shoes too. If needed, we can order you prescription glasses that are approved for the clean room environment (we do need a valid eye prescription written within the last 2 years).
- Equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Defect sourcing and communication with equipment/ process owners
- Identify potential abnormal product handling
- Recognize improvement opportunities and solutions
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
Additional Information: WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
Please Note: interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
AS degree or similar degree or 5 years in related field with equivalent experience
- Good logical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to follow instructions and complete assigned tasks
- Ability to distinguish patterns
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with a team and across different areas.
- Comfortable in a clean room environment which includes wearing a clean room suit and no cosmetics
- The position is for day but must be flexible to work nights when needed
This position is located at 5509 NW Parker Street, Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.