Facilities Technician - Mechanical
WaferTech is seeking a Mechanical Technician to join our Facilities team. The Mechanical Section is responsible for Boilers, Chillers, HVAC, Air Handlers, Exhaust and Abatement systems, Vacuum systems, and Process Cooling Water systems across the WaferTech site.
Compressed Shift: Four days on, three days off then the next week three days on, four days off (4/3/3/4). The working hours are 12 hour shifts.
- Perform daily operations including daily rounds, shift pass downs, reviewing trend data, responding to system alarms, receiving chemical deliveries, and maintaining area 5S/6S. Complete written and OJT training as needed.
- Performing Preventative Maintenance and corrective maintenance on equipment using written procedures, O&M manuals, drawings and diagrams.
- Assist in construction and commissioning of continuous improvement projects when assigned.
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
Additional Information: WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
Please note: interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered. You can now choose to receive text messages from WaferTech! Just check the box on your application! We will only text you in relations to jobs you have applied for.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Experience with semiconductor mechanical systems (Boilers, Chillers, HVAC, Air Handlers, Exhaust and Abatement systems, Vacuum systems and/or Process Cooling Water systems is preferred.
- Strong professional attitude with a focus on safety, teamwork skills, self-motivation, reliable work execution and attention to detail.
- Computer skills including MS office and an ability to learn computer programs specific to the job.
- Mechanical and basic electrical troubleshooting skills
- Must meet physical requirements: i.e. working from ladders, lifting 50lb loads, confined space entry, working 12 hour shifts which includes recurrent walking with standard breaks, working outside in any conditions and wearing a respirator or other PPE.
- Ability to work any shift (day or night)
- Ability to work overtime when requested
- Ability to be a member of the Emergency Response Team
This position is located at 5509 NW Parker Street, Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.