Facilities Technician - Operations and Maintenance
Facilities --> Gas, Chemical Delivery, Pumps
WaferTech currently has a Technician position in our Facilities department. The Operation and Maintenance Technician for the Hazardous Production Materials group will maintain equipment to ensure zero impacts to manufacturing. Operate, maintain and monitor chemical/CMP delivery, and gas delivery systems and/or vacuum and abatement systems. Perform daily operations to include reviewing monitor equipment, taking rounds, reading and reviewing trend data and performing material/equipment change outs. Perform Preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance on equipment using procedures, O&M manuals, drawings and diagrams. Working with Hazardous Production materials and electrical/mechanical equipment. Receive deliveries, store and rotate stock.
The shift schedule is either day or night. You will need to be able to work either shift. This position does require you to carry a pager and response to emergencies when needed which may occur overtime hours.
- Responsible for performing the following: operations, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Gas/Chem/CMP/vacuum/abatement systems to ensure no impacts to production
- Working alone or with other senior/junior technicians on shift
- Become proficient in all facets of equipment knowledge and training others
- Ordering parts, maintaining budget and keeping 6S standards (
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
Additional Information: WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
Please Note: interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
Preferred Skills/ Experience:
- Associates degree that is relevant to semiconductor environments' or equipment maintenance and repair that is related to semiconductors
- 1-4 years of experience working in these areas: gasses/chemical/CMP or vacuum/abatement equipment
- Team player
- Solution minded when problems occur
- Ownership of your work
- Ability to manage your own workload
You can now choose to receive text messages from WaferTech! Just check the box on your application! We will only text you in relations to jobs you have applied for, you will not receive ads.
This position is located at 5509 NW Parker Street, Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.