Entry Level Electrical Engineer (Product Engineer)
WaferTech currently has a Product Engineer position open. This position is responsible for product yield enhancement duties, providing technical support to customers, and working cross functionally with other departments.
To be successful in this role, a candidate will have a strong technical background in device physics and CMOS process, demonstrate excellent teamwork, and utilize strong problem solving skills. This is an exempt level position that requires that you carry a pager and respond promptly. Additional work hours and international travel may be required at times to meet business needs. Sponsorship is not available for this position, so candidates must be able to work in the US on a long term basis
- Daily yield maintenance and yield improvement on multiple customer products
- Yield analysis to provide yield loss correlation to electrical parameters, tools or process history
- Analysis to include the correlation to tools, process or circuits
- Analysis of related failure analysis methodologies, such as electrical failure analysis and physical analysis
- Interact with customers to provide routine technical support and service
- Work with fab engineers to maintain and improve product yield
- Device knowledge and design rule/circuit layout analysis to identify design weakness
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
While interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
- Knowledge in CMOS device physics and process integration
- Understand fundamental circuit design principles and applications
- Strong ability to multi-task and focus on multiple projects simultaneously
- Statistical data analysis (JMP)
- Utilize SPC concepts and practice
- Work with strong attention to detail
- Strong skills with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- MS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or related engineering field
- Experience with device, circuitry or product engineering preferred, but not required
- Entry level engineers are encouraged to apply
You can now choose to receive text messages from WaferTech! Just check the box on your application! You will not receive ads, we will only text you regarding the jobs you have applied for.
This position is located in Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.