Parts Handling Specialist
Manufacturing and Operations
Looking for an entry-level position with no prior semiconductor experience needed? Have 2 years of stable work history? WaferTech is currently hiring a Parts Handling Specialist!
In this entry-level position you will work closely with semiconductor parts and use various tools to clean off the parts. Your primary focus will be cleaning parts, performing preventative maintenance swap kits and spares, and rebuilding machines when needed. WaferTech also provides on the job training during your first month with the company and your shift will be 8-12 hours.
Training: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Training Complete (1 month): Tuesday - Saturday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Clean, rebuild and organize kits used in the Etch areas
- Shipping, receiving and organization of parts to and from vendors
- Maintain proper spare inventory in the parts rebuild room
- Maintain rebuild area to a high level of cleanliness
- Must be able to multitask and have an organized work area at all times
- Assist in cleaning parts in the parts clean area
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
Please Note: interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Able to multitask and stay organized
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Basic oral and written communication and computer skills
- Team player with motivation to learn from co-workers, engineers and senior technicians
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Minimum of 2 years of stable work experience (ex. fast-food, restaurant, manual labor, custodian)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Years Of Experience: Less than 1 Year
This position is located at 5509 NW Parker Street, Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.