Quality Assurance Operator
Manufacturing and Operations
We provide paid, on the job training for this position. The primary function of the quality assurance operator is to perform outgoing quality assurance activates to verify wafer quality and fabrication environment stability. You will be responsible to identify and record any problems relating to product, process or quality system of the wafers. There is also coordination within a small working team to ensure effective shift work and communication across all areas as needed.
Your day-to-day environment will be working in a clean room wearing clean garments to protect the wafers from outside particles. Clean room garments include a full bunny suit, protective eyewear, gloves, a hood and a mask. Inside the clean room, you will be doing visual inspections of the wafers by optical microscope, in-line measurement equipment calibration and fab environment monitoring.
Shift and Pay Information:
WaferTech operates 24/7, 365 days a year and is a fast-paced environment that does require good productivity and teamwork. The shifts are 12 hour compressed schedule with 3 days on and 4 days off then the following week 4 days on and 3 days off. WaferTech also provides 2 hours of meals and breaks for each 12-hour shift. This is a set schedule and does not change or rotate.
The average hourly wage for this position is $18.22
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
More About the Company:
WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
Please Note: interviews may be conducted virtually or in person according to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
You can now choose to receive text messages from WaferTech! Just check the box on your application! You will not receive ads, we will only text you regarding the jobs you have applied for.
- Good understanding of basic math concepts such as addition, subtraction and multiplication
- Effective team player who can take the lead when necessary and work independently when required
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time & capable of lifting up to 15 pounds
- Ability to follow exacting procedures and instructions
- Basic computer operations knowledge such as Outlook, Word, and Excel is required
- Ability to distinguish patterns based on color and texture.
- Manual dexterity to hold a wand that is handling a wafer to do the inspection of the wafer
- Ability to work a 12-hour shift in a 24/7 environment with or without reasonable accommodation. Regular attendance for this position is critical.
- One year work history with one employer in a fast-paced team environment OR 6 month work history with one employer while attending school (ex. manufacturing, restaurant, warehouse, fast food, line work)
- High School diploma or GED
- Interest in science such as chemistry, physics and computer science is a plus
- Familiarity with the semiconductor industry is a plus
This position is located at 5509 NW Parker Street, Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.