Quality Supervisor (SPE)
WaferTech currently has an Engineer position open in our Quality department. As a supervising production engineer you will lead a team of Quality Operators with 24-hour coverage to ensure only good wafers are delivered to our customers. Outgoing quality verifies all production requirements were fulfilled, defects are screened, and packaging per customer requirements. Essential in this role is building effective teamwork both with direct reports and with other operations and engineering teams. About 50% of your time will be focused on shift execution, training, coaching, and personnel development. System and procedure development and improvement will be the other 50% necessitating good capability to solve problems and innovate solutions. The long-term goal should be to become a quality systems owner.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment which entails wearing a cleanroom suit and no cosmetics or odor producing products. This position is swing shift but flexibility to work any shift is required.
- Supervise outgoing quality assurance (OQA) operators: scheduling, training, coaching
- Ensure cycle time and deliveries are on time
- Identify and continually improve procedures, training and systems
- Own environmental monitor controls
- Competitive pay, including built in overtime and shift differentials when applicable
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off & sick leave (starts at 120 hours/year)
- Nine paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria open 24/7
- Fitness center
- Recreation room (video games, air hockey, shuffleboard, ping-pong, pool tables, etc.)
- Free on-site physical therapy
- Employee gardens
- Two walking trails through the property
WaferTech is an integrated circuit (IC) semiconductor foundry in the United States. Our customers (other businesses) partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the client has designed. The chips that we make end up in a wide variety of products that the average consumer relies upon in their daily lives. Cell phones, pacemakers, cars, and security are some examples of how our semiconductors are used.
Located in Camas, Washington, a suburb of Portland, Oregon, we are backed by the technological prowess of our parent company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), creator and world leader in the semiconductor integrated circuit foundry industry.
While interviews may have a virtual component due to pandemic precautions, all WaferTech positions are conducted on-site and remote work is not offered.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
We thank you for considering employment with WaferTech.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BS in Engineering or similar technical field
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Semiconductor experience preferred
You can now choose to receive text messages from WaferTech! Just check the box on your application! You will not receive ads, we will only text you regarding the jobs you have applied for.
This position is located at 5509 NW Parker Street, Camas, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.