Fair Lending Compliance Advisor
The Fair Lending Compliance Advisor is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining WPCU’s Fair Lending Compliance Program’s daily activities in partnership with the Senior Manager, Lending Compliance. Leads periodic reviews and enhancements to all required fair lending-related compliance policies and procedures. Leads reviews of the effectiveness of credit union controls intended to mitigate all fair lending compliance risks, including but not limited to credit decisioning, pricing practices, and UDAAP. Provides regular reporting to the Senior Manager, Lending Compliance, on potential challenges, opportunities for enhancement of the Program, and business unit controls and procedures. Engages directly with business unit leadership to understand their needs and to collaborate on implementation and maintenance of fair lending controls, policies, and procedures. Provides ongoing development and monitoring of reports designed to proactively identify potential types of discriminatory practices, including overt discrimination, disparate impact, and/or disparate treatment. Performs fair lending testing and risk assessments, and partners with business units to implement necessary program changes and enhancements. Develops and enhances ongoing fair lending training for WPCU.
- Develops, implements, and maintains WPCU’s Fair Lending Compliance Program, which is designed to incorporate fair lending testing and monitoring efforts to promote compliance with ECOA, FHA, HMDA, UDAAP, and other applicable fair lending-related guidance. Provides insight and recommendations for key risk indicators (KRIs) for proactive measurement of fair lending risk. On an annual basis, updates the Fair Lending Risk Assessment and reports to leadership on the current and upcoming fair lending risks to WPCU. Conducts fair lending testing and monitoring to identify fair lending risks in business processes. (30%)
- Engages with business units regularly to assess adequacy of fair lending controls and first-line monitoring efforts. Collaborates with business units and leadership to provide consistent and accurate guidance and assistance for continuous improvement of the business units’ fair lending monitoring and controls. Provides continuous support to business units with all matters relating to fair lending, including root cause analysis and implementation of any necessary corrective actions. (25%)
- Assists with ongoing support and education to business units regarding emerging fair lending risks and regulatory guidance and/or changes impacting WPCU, proactive self-identification of fair lending compliance risks and ongoing self-identification of fair lending compliance gaps or weaknesses in business unit processes. (15%)
- Provides oversight and periodic updates to WPCU’s fair lending-related training. (10%)
- Provides fair lending and other reports to management, as needed. (10%)
- Assists with monitoring WPCU’s Fair Lending Compliance-related customer complaints in order to monitor for resolution and track for fair lending or other Compliance-related risks. (5%)
- Assists with regulatory compliance audits and/or examinations, as needed. This includes but is not limited to, gathering necessary documents, organizing materials for providing to examiners, reviewing materials for appropriateness, and tracking the lending compliance area’s progress on providing materials. (5%)
The Fair Lending Compliance Advisor has comprehensive and proficient knowledge of compliance laws and regulations, federal and state credit union regulations, industry practices, and banking products relevant to fair lending compliance principles, including but not limited to requirements under the ECOA, FHA, HMDA and UDAAP. The following are also preferred:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business or legal discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 8+ years’ experience in a depository financial institution with at least 6+ years’ experience in a fair lending compliance or fair lending audit role.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office to create spreadsheets, graphs, pivot tables, presentations, and Visio workflows a plus.
- Experience with data mining, report creation, data integrity, data aggregation and/or statistical analysis a strong plus.
- Ability to present complex information clearly and concisely to both large and small groups.
- Ability to think ahead to provide ideas for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ability to work independently, with or without direct instruction.
- Highly developed communications, analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to take decisive action.
- Must be able to evaluate and solve problems from multiple perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- CRCM certification or equivalent is a plus.
This position is located at 3560 Pentagon Blvd, Beavercreek, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.