The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing WPCU's financial reporting/accounting and leading a team of Reconciliations Specialists and Accountants in the execution of the credit union’s accounting processes in accordance with regulatory and industry standards.
- Supervises and coordinates all accounting and reporting functions for WPCU, including an efficient and effective month-end close process and quality review of assigned periodic financial statements and related external reporting (quarterly submission of NCUA 5300 Call Report, FHLB Collateral Certification, and other reports as required). Oversees operational accounting functions unique to a financial institution, including handling of official checks, money orders, teller transactions (including ATM and ITM), and other adjustments while maintaining exceptional support to member-facing partner-employees. (25%)
- Manages the centralized account reconciliation processes. Generates certification records in reconciliation system and performs tie-out of balances to system of record. Reviews monthly balance sheet reconciliations and daily GL Transactions for accuracy. Tracks and reports completion of reconciliations and maintenance of aged items in accordance with related Management Practices. (25%)
- With servant leadership principles, leads a team of Reconciliation Specialists and Accountants including recruiting, coaching, and direction of highly skilled partner-employees while creating a positive work environment. (20%)
- Oversees or directly prepares journal entries related to the highly technical areas of WPCU’s accounting transactions, including investment and hedging activities, Allowance for Loan Losses, troubled debt restructuring, OREO (other real estate owned), deferred cost and income, and others. (10%)
- Assists in the development and revision of practices and procedures as they relate to Accounting. Consults with department managers on accounting and internal control concerns. As needed, serves as an Accounting representative on committees or projects aimed at the improvement and development of new procedures, products/services, and efficiencies for WPCU. (5%)
- Along with the Director of Accounting and VP of Internal Audit, the Accounting Manager maintains an effective working relationship with auditors and examiners and actively participates in the oversight of internal and external audits and/or examinations. (5%)
- Serve as back-up for Director of Accounting and shares responsibility of monitoring daily cash flow needs and overnight investments while maintaining the Federal Reserve Bank reserve requirements. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned. (5%)
The Accounting Manager must be knowledgeable in GAAP, general accounting procedures and regulations that govern the accounting for Credit Unions. The Accounting Manager must also possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Accounting at a financial institution or public accounting is required.
- CPA is highly preferred.
- 2-3 years direct management experience is required. Demonstrated experience in team growth and development in a servant leadership culture.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to engage at multiple organizational levels. Demonstrated strategic thinking and ability to communicate effectively across multiple organizational levels.
- Proven ability to develop sound policies, procedures, and practices for improved operating controls, productivity and/or efficiency.
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with accounting software programs, including ERP systems (Fiserv Prologue or similar), Reconciliation applications (Fiserv Frontier or similar), and financial institution core systems (Symitar Episys or similar).
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly with Excel and PowerPoint, is required.
This position is located in Beavercreek, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.