Senior Manager, Deposit Compliance
The Senior Manager, Deposit Compliance is responsible for supporting WPCU’s Compliance program daily activities ensuring that credit union activities comply at all times with appropriate laws and regulations. Ensures that all required deposit- related compliance policies are in force and reviewed periodically for adequateness. Evaluates the effectiveness of credit union controls intended to mitigate deposit compliance risk. Partners with Compliance Governance Manager to address deposit testing findings and to assist with enterprise compliance projects, business unit process risk assessments, and other initiatives. Manage and develop deposit compliance support partners.
- Manage Deposit Compliance: Ensure assigned business lines are operating efficiently and reliably, are in compliance with applicable deposit laws, regulations, and rules, and have appropriate operating controls to mitigate risk. Assists the business lines with developing and revising compliance-related practices, procedures and controls where needed. Researches regulatory issues, responds to compliance questions from WPCU partners, and provides guidance to the business lines through the use of regulatory reference materials, regulatory agencies, and professional associations and organizations as appropriate. Work with business line partners to remedy and track identified issues to resolution; (25%)
- Deposit Compliance Risk Oversight: Partners with Compliance Governance Manager to address deposit testing findings and to assist with enterprise compliance projects, business unit process risk assessments, and other initiatives; (25%)
- Partner Supervision: Supervises, guides, and develops the deposit compliance support staff. (10%)
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all deposit-related regulatory compliance laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, and industry best practices by reviewing industry publications, receiving compliance training, and networking with professional advisors, experts, and peers. Submits periodic compliance performance reports to management, as needed. (10%)
- Coordinates the deposit aspects of the compliance program that ensures proper policies, procedures, risk mitigation activities, and operating controls are followed. Identifies and reports compliance issues and gaps in policies, procedures, and operating controls to leadership to ensure member impact and risk is mitigated. (10%)
- Reviews product and service disclosures and advertising materials for compliance with applicable rules. Assist with member complaints as needed. (5%)
- Assist with analyzing new laws and regulations, developing industry and compliance trends, and emerging compliance risks, and provide recommended changes to policies, procedures, or business line controls. (5%)
- Participates in the oversight of regulatory compliance audits and/or examinations. (5%)
- Helps to develop, coordinate, and facilitate training programs, sessions, and seminars to educate business line partners about compliance requirements and procedures. Provides and/or assists with assigning Compliance training to managers and employees as needed. (5%)
Specialized or Technical Knowledge and Skills: The Senior Manager, Deposit Compliance has comprehensive and expert knowledge of compliance laws and regulations, federal and state credit union regulations, industry practices, and deposit products. The following are also required or strongly preferred:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business or legal discipline;
- At least 10+ years’ experience in a depository financial institution with at least 8-10+ years’ experience in a compliance role;
- Ability to think intuitively and strategically so that the department is enabled to anticipate, plan, and effectively execute to mitigate compliance risk.
- Highly developed managerial, communications, analytical, organizational, and strategic planning skills. Ability to take decisive action.
- Must be able to evaluate and solve problems from multiple perspectives.
- Previous experience leading a team or previous management experience required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- CRCM certification or equivalent preferred.
This position is located in Beavercreek, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.