Regulatory Compliance Analyst
The Regulatory Compliance Analyst is responsible for monitoring and tracking new and changing regulatory requirements and ensuring implementation of necessary changes. Administers the Compliance Management System (CMS) software. Supports WPCU’s Compliance program daily activities ensuring that credit union activities comply at all times with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Oversee the regulatory change management process to identify, monitor, and analyze all new rules and regulations, as well as changes to regulatory rules and regulations, enforcement actions and regulatory guidance which apply to WPCU. Track and summarize proposed and final rules which may impact WPCU, and coordinate the timely submission of WPCU comments, as warranted. (30%)
- Review regulatory changes, new rules, developing industry and compliance trends, and emerging compliance risks in a timely manner and partner with Compliance Managers and business unit partners to understand and assess the impact of such changes. Assist with implementation of any changes to policies, procedures or business unit processes or controls, as needed, pursuant to regulatory deadlines, to mitigate WPCU’s risk. (25%)
- Serve as an Administrator of the Compliance Management System (CMS) software and makes changes to system settings, system functionality and oversees system change management. Manage Issue Management database and reporting. (25%)
- Provide CMS and other reports to management, as needed. (5%)
- Research regulatory issues, responds to compliance questions from WPCU partners, and provides guidance to the Compliance Managers or business units through the use of regulatory reference materials, regulatory agencies, and professional associations and organizations, as needed. (5%)
- Performs user access rights reviews and assigns access rights, as needed. (5%)
- Assists with regulatory compliance audits and/or examinations, as needed. Ensures proper policies, procedures, risk mitigation activities, and operating controls are followed. Reports gaps in policies, procedures, and operating controls to leadership to ensure member impact and risk is mitigated. (5%)
The Regulatory Compliance Analyst has comprehensive and proficient knowledge of compliance laws and regulations, federal and state credit union regulations, industry practices, and banking products. The following are also preferred:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business or legal discipline.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a depository financial institution with at least 5+ years’ experience in a compliance role.
- Ability to think intuitively and strategically so that the department is enabled to anticipate, plan, and effectively execute to mitigate compliance risk.
- Highly developed communications, analytical, organizational, and strategic planning skills. Ability to take decisive action.
- Must be able to evaluate and solve problems from multiple perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- CRCM certification or equivalent preferred.
This position is located at 3560 Pentagon Blvd, Beavercreek, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.