The Compliance Tester is responsible for conducting compliance reviews/tests of the various business line compliance-related processes to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Provide reporting and actively engage business line leadership to communicate the results of testing and any instances of non-compliance along with guidance toward corrective action of the root cause(s) of the identified issue.
- Develops and coordinates compliance testing of various business line compliance-related functions to ensure WPCU remains in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules, and statutory requirements. (20%)
- Independently perform reviews of various processes, identifying regulatory compliance risk and testing controls to ensure they adequately mitigate the risk. Conduct research as needed to support regulatory findings. (20%)
- Document testing performed by establishing and maintaining comprehensive work papers and report the results of testing, ensuring such reports clearly describe the testing scope, findings, including violations and weaknesses, recommendations for corrective action, procedural or process observations, and include management responses. Ensure all testing and review activities are conducted in a timely and accurate manner (i.e. per schedule), and that issues are appropriately escalated. (20%)
- Explain and discuss regulatory findings with Compliance Managers and business line partners. Identify the root cause and help to recommend an appropriate corrective action. Obtain agreement with business line partners regarding issue complexity and issue resolution. Ensure corrective action is completed timely and that actions were effective in remedying the risk to an acceptable level. Retest as needed. (20%)
- Conduct quality control testing of reviews performed by others. Actively evaluate opportunities to enhance testing methodology and results as part of our continuous improvement. Ensures proper policies, procedures, risk mitigation activities, and operating controls are followed. Reports gaps in policies, procedures, and operating controls to leadership to ensure member impact and risk is mitigated. (10%)
- Submits periodic compliance performance reports to management, as needed. (10%)
The Compliance Tester has comprehensive knowledge of compliance laws and regulations, federal and state credit union regulations, industry practices, and banking products. The following are also preferred:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business or legal discipline;
- At least 7+ years’ experience in a depository financial institution with at least 5 years’ experience in a compliance role;
- Ability to think intuitively and strategically so that the department is enabled to anticipate, plan, and effectively execute to mitigate compliance risk.
- Highly developed communications, analytical, organizational, and strategic planning skills. Ability to take decisive action.
- Must be able to evaluate and solve problems from multiple perspectives.
- Previous experience in compliance testing or similar audit functions preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- CRCM, CUCE or NCCO certification or equivalent preferred.
This position is located in Beavercreek, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.