Mortgage Underwriter I
myCUmortgage is hiring a Mortgage Underwriter I. Are you looking for an excellent opportunity with growth potential?
If you want to join our team of professional experts, explore our opportunities!
The Mortgage Underwriter I uses expertise to underwrite conventional residential mortgage loan files and ensuring accurate, timely and compliant decisioning of loan files while providing our credit union partners with a thrilling, five-star service experience.
- Makes underwriting recommendations on mortgage loans. Reviews, analyzes and evaluates risk on mortgage loan applications, credit packages and collateral to meet required guidelines and make quality loan recommendations for partner credit unions. Conducts appraisal reviews to ensure properties are safe and sound and the appraiser has provided complete accurate appraisals and supporting commentary. Conducts appropriate Condo HOA review for loan to value, property location, and type of unit. Reviews income and asset verification for accuracy and adherence with investor guidelines. Reviews and analyzes titles to verify borrower/seller ownership in transactions, ensuring chain of title meets investor guidelines. Records thorough documentation of loan status and other relevant information in the Loan Origination System and Electronic File to support underwriting recommendations. Maintains current and fluid knowledge of investor and agency guidelines. (30%)
- Maintains required SLAs set by management for new file submissions, titles, appraisals and conditions. (30%)
- Provides partner-focused service to myCUmortgage experts and partner credit unions. Manages pipeline reports to prioritize work load. Proactively restructures loans and provides expert guidance on how borrowers may qualify or offers other suitable programs. Coaches and explains the why when requesting and writing conditions. Communicates effectively and engages proactively with loan originators, processors, managers, operations experts and partner credit unions. (20%)
- Reviews loans for compliance within all state and federal mortgage-related regulations (e.g., RESPA, TILA, HMDA, Reg B, QM, KBYO, etc.). Interprets investor guidelines and uses system expertise to maintain appropriate quality control. Ensures system input is accurate, that LOS data matches the Automated Underwriting System and all required ULDD fields are complete and accurate. Ensures proper policies, procedures, risk mitigation activities, and operating controls are followed. Reports gaps in policies, procedures, and operating controls to leadership to ensure member impact and risk is mitigated. (20%)
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of four years’ recent mortgage underwriting experience with a strong knowledge of recent secondary market guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use the necessary software to complete job functions, especially credit unions’ core processing systems, mortgage loan origination and processing systems and third-party websites.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze credit reports, automated underwriting decisions, property appraisals, title commitments, purchase agreements and other mortgage related documents, self-employed borrowers, condominiums utilizing Condo Project Manager, investment properties, multi-financed properties and tax transcripts.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret investor and mortgage insurance company guidelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state regulations/laws as they pertain to mortgage lending and ability to adhere to them.
This position is located in Beavercreek, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.