Business Development Coordinator
The Business Development Coordinator supports active, strategic membership growth of the credit union by ensuring company visibility in the communities we serve, coordinating business development and retention related activities, and serving as a primary point of contact for the business development team.
This position will be based out of the Gahanna Member Center.
- Supports credit union business development efforts to achieve new member growth and membership engagement by providing inbound lead and referral follow-up: routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate business units for further development, team with member center partners to work pipeline of event leads and close new account opportunities through outbound calling efforts and work with business referrals to assist employees with financial management and education initiatives. Heavy involvement in outbound calling and canvasing efforts to support Business Development Representatives. (25%)
- Coordinates and promotes goodwill/public relations for the credit union by planning, implementing and/or participating in events and programs – includes training staff to ensure effective event participation and follow-up that appropriately positions WPCU as an indispensable part of the community (i.e. trade shows, local community events, chamber events & activities, credit union events, networking, etc.). (25%)
- Participates in community engagement activities for the credit union, which includes coordinating and executing/leading both philanthropic and financial education initiatives to create goodwill, strengthen partnerships, and achieve outlined business goals. Expectation to obtain Credit Union Financial Counselor (CCUFC) Certification within 12 months of hire. (20%)
- Performs other duties as assigned, including weekly and monthly reporting. Ensures proper policies, procedures, risk mitigation activities, and operating controls are followed. Reports gaps in policies, procedures, and operating controls to leadership to ensure member impact and risk is mitigated. (20%)
- Collaborates with supervisor, corporate marketing, and designated member center teams to coordinate and/or execute marketing-related communication, campaigns, key credit union regional events and outreach programs (i.e. member center grand openings, special events, specific social media programs, etc.). (10%)
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred either in marketing, business management, communications, public relations, organizational development and a minimum of three (3) years in a consultative environment; or a minimum of eight (8) years in a consultative environment in a technical field listed above.
- Ability to articulate the Credit Union movement, the WPCU difference, the WPCU brand and the benefits of WPCU products and services that result in deeper and more meaningful member and business relationships.
- Ability to represent WPCU professionally at corporate-sponsored or community events and interact effectively with and present to various audiences, including members, business-partners, and partner-employees.
- Excellent motivational and interpersonal skills with the ability to “lead” in a non-supervisory capacity.
- Ability to frequently work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and early morning hours.
- Strong organizational and special event skills are required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Bilingual preferred.
This position is located at 1317 N Hamilton Rd, Columbus, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.