Post Closing Assistant Manager
myCUmortgage is hiring a Post Closing Assistant Manager. This new opportunity is located in our corporate office in Beavercreek, Ohio.
We are on a mission to empower credit unions to become great mortgage lenders. We are obsessed with creating a new vision for the entire mortgage industry – to better serve members and our partner credit unions, together. If you want to join our team of professional experts, explore our opportunities!
The Post Closing Assistant Manager provides exceptional leadership while managing and directing the daily operations of the post close process and post-closing team. They provide expert guidance to ensure accurate and timely boarding of loan data to servicing and ensure all closing documents are executed and compliant. This Assistant Manager will be responsible that all fee payments and insuring of loans are processed within agency deadlines. The Post Closing Assistant Manager must provide a thrilling, five-star service experience to our credit union partners.
- Leads daily production and meets quality expectations to achieve monthly business goals and quality post-closing service levels. Provide exceptional leadership, supervision, and coaching of myCUmortgage experts in the Post-Closing area. Assist Secondary Market Operations Manager with training, guiding and motivation a team of experts, keeping them current with changes to investor/agency guidelines, compliance and regulatory requirements and system functionality. Ensure assigned business units are operating efficiently and reliably, meeting SLAs, and are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and rules, have appropriate operating controls to mitigate risk and are performing at a high level. (40%)
- Provides five-star service and exceptional leadership and coaching and regularly reviews the performance of myCUmortgage experts working in the post-closing area; includes developing myCUmortgage experts for promotional opportunities, as appropriate. Promotes a professional, partner-focused team environment. Fosters direct reports to have open, proactive communication with partner credit union and settlement agents to ensure a seamless transaction when following up on documentation and/or requiring corrected documentation. Develops a team of experts to explain the whys and / or post-closing steps or documentation in an easy-to-understand manner to our partner credit unions. Serves as the point of contact for partner credit union escalation on post-closing concerns and/or issues. (30%)
- Manage and create reports to prioritize tasks and assign staff to maintain allotted turn times across the team. Manage the insuring of all loans to ensure compliance with all investor, agency, state, and federal regulations. Review documentation to ensure compliance within all state and federal mortgage-related regulations ( e.g. RESPA, HPML, HOEPA, TRID, etc). Ensures that partners understand and adhere to the myCUmortgage brand promise to our partner credit unions. (20%)
- Assist Manager in ensuring post-closing operation policies, procedures and standards are in place, follow investor and agency guidelines, and are consistently applied with the team to produce a thrilling five-star service closing experience to Partner Credit Unions while maintaining a high level of loan quality. (10%)
The Post Closing Assistant Manager is skilled and knowledgeable in managing and operating a mortgage operations function.
- A high school diploma or GED is required (Associate’s degree in business preferred).
- Minimum of two years of management experience, preferably in the mortgage industry, or equivalent time in a leadership role is preferred. A proven ability to effectively lead a team is required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ previous experience in mortgage lending, including experience with secondary market and agency guidelines.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Conventional, USDA, VA and FHA mortgage lending with an emphasis on post-closing processes.
- Thorough knowledge of FHA Connection, VA LGY, GUS, and OHFA applications.
- Effective time management.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and a demonstrated working knowledge of all other Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient in data entry, attention to detail and computer skills, including spreadsheets, internet commerce, word processing, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to motivate, develop and reward staff.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, reason, problem solve and prioritize work independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state regulations/laws as they pertain to mortgage lending and the ability to adhere to them.
This position is located in Beavercreek, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.