Vice President of Information Technology
The Vice President of Information Technology has strategic and managerial responsibility for WPCU’s information technology division of the Credit Union, including Application Services (enterprise/web/data warehousing), Technical Services (data center/network/telephony), IT Security (user management, operations), and Project Management Services (project office, business analysts, QA testing). This role is also responsible for annual/long term planning and execution of strategies, tactical plans, staff development, and budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Provides strategic oversight and directs all aspects of the information technology efforts of the Credit Union. Ensure assigned business units are operating efficiently and reliably, are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and rules, have appropriate operating controls to mitigate risk, and are performing at a high level. (20%)
- Oversees the management of the Credit Union’s information systems to ensure that member account information is secure, accessible, accurately processed/reported, and that legal and regulatory compliance is maintained. These efforts include adequate disaster recovery and business continuity efforts are in place to restore critical systems and operations. (20%)
- Oversees the management of the Credit Union’s information systems, programs and products to ensure high level of service, operating efficiencies, ease of use, and positive return on Credit Union investment. Further ensures that appropriate IT governance process is in place and provides appropriate prioritization for the IT team. (20%)
- Oversees the management of the Credit Union’s enterprise Project Management Office to ensure the appropriate allocation of resources and effective delivery of products and/or services for both Members and Partner-employees. Act as an internal consultant between IT and the lines of business (researching trends, scouting third party options, business case development, transparency in project cost and prioritization, proactive vendor management). (10%)
- Organize, mentor, coach, observe and guide Partners to ensure effective, efficient workgroups with appropriate knowledge, authority and responsibility to carry out assigned functions. Develop the technical, supervisory, and leadership skills of subordinates as appropriate (10%)
- Oversee, initiate and assess income/expense opportunities; assess and act on budget variances as appropriate. (10%)
- Participates in the Enterprise Risk Management Team, Asset/Liability Management Team, and other committees/working groups as assigned. (5%)
- Attends/makes presentations to the WPCU Board of Directors and various Board Committees as assigned. (5%)
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Master’s Degree is preferable.
- A minimum of ten years of experience with increasing responsibility in Information Technology.
- A minimum of seven years of management experience is required.
- Ability to coach, lead, and develop others.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple technology functions involving but not limited to Data Center Operations, Data / Telecommunications Carriers, Network Services, On Premise and Hosted Business Applications, Web Applications, Application Integration Services, IT Security, and Data Warehousing.
- In-depth understanding of the financial services business, and the application systems and technical infrastructures needed to support them.
- Experience with enterprise level third-party vendors, IT managed services, and cloud providers.
- Innovative thinker, while expecting and requiring innovation of team members.
- Proven track record of transforming a vision into product definition and ensure delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to develop sound and efficient operational processes.
- Ability to implement new and innovative initiatives to improve efficiency, quality and service levels is essential.
- Proven ability to analyze complex situations and solve problems and / or design recommendations to accomplish business and tactical goals.
This position is located at 3560 Pentagon Blvd, Beavercreek, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.