Transportation and Logistics
Performs regular preventative maintenance and major repairs on a wide range of fleet vehicles to ensure the equipment operates safely and properly. Troubleshoots electrical, hydraulic, ignition, pneumatic systems, diesel and gas engines as well as drive trains. May occasionally perform field repairs and maintenance.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing and replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing minor body damage and minor painting.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; and calling for repairs.
- Controls costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Performs all related and compatible duties as assigned.
STYLE SERVICE COMMITTMENT
All Team Members commit to delivering Viejas STYLE Service, our own unique delivery of hospitality service that creates an experience our Guests never want to leave. As a Viejas Team Member, your commitment to – and upholding of --- these standards is important and necessary to ensure Viejas is a place our Guests and Team Members enjoy as a place to stay, play, dine and work!
- Interacts with internal and external guests.
- Does not provide supervision to others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements.
- Knowledge and proper use and maintenance of hand and power tools related to job functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- See working conditions form for this position.
- High school diploma, vocational training or the equivalent experience.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s license (Class B license preferred).
- ASE Certification a plus.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience and/or training.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.