The Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance, repair, and upkeeps of facilities, equipment, and furnishings.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
- Maintains assigned area of the facility.
- Assists in the maintenance and emergency repairs on heating and air conditioning systems.
- Repairs plumbing on an emergency basis throughout the facility.
- Repairs roofs and replaces floor and ceiling tiles.
- Performs preventative maintenance including fire extinguisher maintenance on equipment throughout the facility.
- Maintains interior and exterior walls and surfaces by painting, plastering, and/or general repairing.
- Ensures proper working condition of doors and windows; makes emergency repairs as necessary.
- Performs minor carpentry and other construction work as necessary.
- Responds to maintenance emergencies.
- Moves and assembles furniture.
- Assists with estimating, material takeoffs, project specifications and maintaining files of specifications, blueprints, and diagrams generated from field investigation.
- Inspects buildings, facilities, and equipment to ascertain needed repairs; makes or recommends repairs or alterations as needed.
- Prepares interior and exterior hand railings by washing, scraping, or sanding.
- Assists with set-ups of furniture and equipment for events on and off the casino site.
- Assists skilled trades as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of and effectively promotes company services and players’ club program.
- Attends all scheduled team member meetings and trainings.
- Adheres to all company and department policies, procedures, and standard operating guidelines.
- Adheres to all hygiene and safety standards. Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
STYLE SERVICE COMMITTMENT
All Team Members commit to delivering Viejas STYLE Service, our own unique delivery of hospitality service that creates an experience our Guests never want to leave. As a Viejas Team Member, your commitment to – and upholding of --- these standards is important and necessary to ensure Viejas is a place our Guests and Team Members enjoy as a place to stay, play, dine and work!
- Interacts with internal and external guests with a positive attitude and professionalism at all times.
- Does not provide supervision to others.
- California driver’s license required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and proper use and maintenance of hand and power tools related to job functions.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Experience working with heating, air-conditioning, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and/or related building trades.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.