The Slot Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, configuring, installing, programing, repairing, and performing preventive maintenance on various slot related equipment such as slot machines and components, slot monitoring systems, slot accounting/player tracking system, slot signage, progressive controllers and displays, bill validators and replacement or repair of wires, cables, and fiber optic lines. In addition, the technician may perform electronic board repair and configuration of slot machines and train newly hired technicians.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
- Repairs and performs preventive maintenance on slot machines, slot monitoring systems, slot accounting/player tracking system, slot signage, progressive controllers and displays, bill validators and replacement or repair of wires, cables, and fiber optic lines promptly and efficiently with minimal disruption.
- Installs, programs, troubleshoots, and configures slot machines of various manufacturers to minimize down time. Documents all repairs made to slot related equipment and completes documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- May perform electronic repair and configuration of slot machines as assigned.
- May provide training to new slot technicians as needed.
- Promotes teamwork within slot operations and with all other departments.
- Reads and interprets all available technical manuals and schematics. May write technical manual as needed to ensure efficient repair turnaround time.
- Stays current with advanced slot related technology and player tracking system.
- Maintains security of keys and safeguards company assets.
- Follows all laws, gaming regulations, policies and procedures and reports violations to the Slot Technical Supervisor.
- Orders parts and supplies and maintains inventories when assigned.
- Maintains an acceptable consistent, regular attendance record.
- Maintains current knowledge of casino related equipment, support equipment, new games, systems and modifications to existing equipment.
- Resolves problems beyond expectations without consulting a supervisor or escalates if needed.
- Ensures slot areas are clean and safe, follows all safety rules and practices
- Attends all scheduled team member meetings and trainings.
- Maintains knowledge of and effectively promotes company services and players’ club program.
- Adheres to all company and department policies, procedures, and standard operating guidelines.
- Adheres to all hygiene and safety standards. Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
- Performs all related and compatible duties as needed.
STYLE SERVICE COMMITTMENT
All Team Members commit to delivering Viejas STYLE Service, our own unique delivery of hospitality service that creates an experience our Guests never want to leave. As a Viejas Team Member, your commitment to – and upholding of --- these standards is important and necessary to ensure Viejas is a place our Guests and Team Members enjoy as a place to stay, play, dine and work!
- Interacts with internal and external guests with a positive attitude and professionalism at all times.
- Does not provide supervision to others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficient in the use of hand tools, power tools and electronic test equipment.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal relations/guest service skills.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional ability to manage multiple projects.
- Multi-tasking and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to resolve problems as they arise and handle situations in an expedient manner.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to adjust to change.
- Ability to work various shifts, days, nights, or weekends.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Associate’s degree in Electronics or Computer Science from a two-year college or technical school.
- Electronic Training Certificate preferred.
- 5 or more years of electronic slot machine repair or electronic board bench repair or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience with computer repair is preferred.
- Experience with fiber optic technology is preferred.
- Experience with slots and player tracking systems is preferred.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.