Barback- Grove Steakhouse
Food and Beverage
The Barback is responsible for assisting the bartenders by setting up the bar, stocking bar coolers, maintaining par levels for all bar related products, preparing condiment trays, washing glasses, and keeping the bar area clean.
PAY RATE: $15.00 hr
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
- Maintains stock levels in the bar area, including all products and supplies.
- Sets up bartenders' stations and sees that all supplies are present.
- Keeps bartenders supplied with ice throughout the shift.
- Washes glasses and restocks each station to assure an ample supply.
- Restocks bars and bar coolers at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Keeps bar area clean and free of debris.
- Maintains knowledge and promotes current promotions and events, advertising one or more features of the property.
- Adheres to all Food and Beverage policies and procedures
- Understands and practices good safety and sanitation procedures.
- Performs other compatible duties as assigned.
- Interacts with internal and external guests.
- Does not provide supervision to other team members.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be organized and able to work with speed and efficiency.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work flexible hours during the day or evening.
- Ability to interpret a variety of English instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Food Handler’s card required.
- RASS or TIPS Certification of alcohol awareness program must be obtained within 30 days of employment and maintain current certification.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- No experience needed.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.