Host- Baron Long
Food and Beverage
Responsible for maintaining efficient and outstanding fine dining restaurant operation by greeting arriving guests, seating, establishing rapport and assisting with restaurant service.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Greets guests and ensures that they are made comfortable and kept informed of their wait time.
* Answers telephone and provides timely response to guest inquiries, and/or take messages as appropriate.
* Logs and reports large party reservations to the Manager prior to confirmation and follows up on all call-backs.
* Creates a seating plan.
* Assesses the dining sections for table accommodation and escorts guests to the table.
* Seats guests in the fine dining tables,
* Maintains a high visible appearance in restaurant during the entire shift by remaining at the podium and periodically circulating through the restaurant in order to assist servers, to respond to any guest requests and assess the efficiency of the operation for management.
* May move tables together to accommodate large parties.
* Monitors the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables.
* Estimates wait times for guests, monitors the guest waiting list, and ensures that the needs of the guests are met while they wait.
* Assists with bussing and resetting tables using designated cleaning supplies.
* Assists in assigning fining restaurant servers and bussers in the designated areas on the dining floor.
* Understands and practices good safety and sanitation procedures.
* Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
* Complies with company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures, applicable governmental laws and regulations.
* Stays current on various casino and VOC events and promotions in order to respond to customer inquiries, including knowledge of menu ingredients, preparation, and presentation.
* Maintains knowledge of current marketing promotions and/or special events.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Interacts with internal and external guests.
* Does not provide supervision to other team members.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Bilingual preferred.
* Knowledge of fine dining operations with Front of House service experience.
* Must have outstanding guest service skills.
* Basic mathematic skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high activity environment.
* Ability to multi-task, self-starter, punctual and able to adjust to change.
* Must be flexible to work different shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* High school diploma or general education degree required.
* RASS or TIPS Certification of alcohol awareness program must be obtained within 90 days of employment and maintain current certification.
* Food Handler’s Card must be obtained before commencing duties.
* 1 to 2 years of related experience in a restaurant as a host and/or a cashier preferred.
* Must be age 21 or older to work.
This position is located in Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.