Under the direction of the Landscaping Manager, the Irrigation Technician is responsible for all installation, maintenance, and repair of irrigation systems while ensuring quality and efficiency services.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Manages irrigation operations to assure proper utilization of water resources.
* Develops, designs, and installs new irrigation systems.
* Maintains, repairs, and adjusts existing irrigations systems to include controls, wiring, piping and other component of electrical, mechanical and computer control systems.
* Conducts regular system inspections and performs trouble shooting exercise.
* Utilizes department apprentices to perform tasks and provide them guidance and training to further their knowledge in the trade.
* Uses a variety of tools, both hand and powered, to accomplish tasks.
* Responsible for the inventory of parts, supplies, and equipment of irrigation systems and making sure they are cleaned and maintained.
* Performs landscaper/groundskeeper duties such as mowing grass, raking leaves, pruning and trimming trees, shrubs, and hedges; watering lawns, trees, and plants; picking up litters and debris as assigned.
* Ensures that work area is clean, safe, secure, and well maintained.
* Understands, complies with and follows company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures, applicable governmental laws and regulations.
* Establishes and maintains professional working relationship with internal and external guests.
* Attends and participates in meetings and trainings as required.
* Performs all related and compatible duties as assigned.
* Interacts with guests and peer groups.
* Does not provide supervision to others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Must be able to speak and comprehend English for work instructions and speaking with other team members.
* Knowledge of the methods, tools, equipment, materials, and practices and procedures used in the irrigation trade.
* Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and automated irrigation systems and their components.
* Knowledge of the principles of basic hydraulics, landscape management and factors impacting effective irrigation systems.
* Skill in the diagnosis and repair of irrigation systems including voltage check, continuity check, and Ohms check.
* Understands controller programming, water management, irrigation components, repairs, and controller.
* Ability to read and apply job related materials such as blueprint, specifications and plans.
* Friendly and courteous personality.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Excellent time/project management and organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate company and team members’ needs depending on projects, daily tasks and emergency situations.
* Must be a self-starter and able to adjust to change.
* Requires high school diploma, general education degree (GED), vocational training or the equivalent experience.
* California driver’s license required.
* 5 or more years of related experience and/or training.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.