Events and Promotions Associate
Advertising, Marketing and PR
Events and Promotions Associate
The Events and Promotions Associate is responsible for assisting with the execution and operations of events and promotions at the casino such as assisting in all aspects of staging the promotion, participating in events or giveaways; and educating team members on upcoming promotions and events.
Pay Rate: $18.50 hr
Viejas Casino and Resort is a proud recipient of the AAA Four Diamond award. The resort features world class gaming with 2,500 slot machines, exciting table games, bingo and off-track betting. Our multiple hotel towers have more than 230 luxury rooms and 190 VIP suites. Viejas Casino and Resort also features a variety of restaurants including the AAA Four Diamond Grove Steakhouse, Baron Long Bar & Grill, Ginger Noodle Bar, the Café, and the Daily Roast. The Viejas Outlet Center features not only shopping but also a Bowling Alley, Arcade, and Southern California’s largest outdoor roller rink.
Viejas recognizes that its team members and their diversity are vital to our success and invite you to join our team.
Viejas offers its team members:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities and
- Tuition Reimbursement
Core Scope of Position
- Assists in executing promotions, events, and giveaways on the casino floor.
- Assists with stage set-up and break-down, hangs banners, and other staging elements.
- Assists in communicating information to team members on upcoming promotions and events.
- Develops relationships and interacts with guests to ensure favorable experience and genuine guest service.
- Provides timely responses and resolutions to guest inquiries and disputes and issues while striving for guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a professional image with all casino team members, including communicating in a professional, respectful, polite, and hospitable manner.
- Maintains consistent attendance and punctuality. Communicates all unscheduled absences by following proper call-in procedures.
- Protects company assets and reports any fraudulent activity to Surveillance Department and Management.
- Complies with and follows company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures, and any applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge and communicates important information about the casino including: promotions, events, myViejas benefits, all gaming area locations, restaurants, and VOC information.
- Interacts with internal and external guests with a positive attitude and professionalism at all times.
- Does not provide supervision to others.
- Requires high school diploma, vocational training or the equivalent experience.
- 1 to 2 years of guest service, events and/or promotions experience.
- Casino, guest service experience is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated strong guest service skills including enthusiastic, energetic, professional, friendly and courteous behavior at all times.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and values teamwork.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel software programs.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adjust to and manage change effectively.
- Ability to work in a high pressure oriented environment.
- Must be dependable, timely and have high attention to detail.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts, evenings, and holidays
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.