Food and Beverage
Viejas Casino & Resort, San Diego’s Premier Four Diamond Gaming and Resort destination, is looking for a Bartender to join our team.
Under immediate supervision, the Bartender is responsible for positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers, following standard recipe in an efficient manner. Ensures bar is adequately stocked, inventoried, and cleaned on a daily basis.
We are looking for team members who are reliable, outgoing, and who believe that providing great guest service is the key to success.
PAY RATE: $15.00 hr
Viejas Casino and Resort is a proud recipient of the AAA Four Diamond award. The resort features world class gaming with 2,500 slot machines, exciting table games, bingo and off-track betting. Our multiple hotel towers have more than 230 luxury rooms and 190 VIP suites. Viejas Casino and Resort also features a variety of restaurants including the AAA Four Diamond Grove Steakhouse, Baron Long Bar & Grill, Ginger Noodle Bar, the Café, and the Daily Roast. The Viejas Outlet Center features not only shopping but also a Bowling Alley, Arcade, and Southern California’s largest outdoor roller rink.
Viejas recognizes that its team members and their diversity are vital to our success and invite you to join our Food and Beverage team.
Viejas offers its team members:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities and
- Tuition Reimbursement
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Takes beverage orders from the floor/server tickets.
* Presents drink options, makes recommendations and answer questions regarding beverage ingredients and preparation.
* Enters orders into POS system and performs cash handling transaction prescribed in the organization policies and procedures.
* Pours and serves wine, champagne, and bottled or draft beers, and non-alcoholic beverages with proper garnishes.
* Mixes liquor, juice, soda, water, fruit, sugar and other ingredients to prepare cocktails and other beverages by adhering to recipes.
* Assists the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
* Prepares garnishes for drinks.
* Properly stocks and rotates liquor, beer, wine, and garnishes in bar area.
* Reports all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the manager.
* Notifies manager when a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience.
* Maintains knowledge of fine wines, beers and differences in liquor offered at the bar.
* Maintains knowledge of and effectively promotes company services and player’s club program.
* Practices alcohol awareness and gets manager involved when necessary.
* Knows the legal drinking age and procedures for asking proof of age.
* Ensures closing procedures are followed for paperwork, receipts balance, and inventory count.
* Keeps entire bar, glassware, utensils, and equipment clean and organized through the shift.
* Attends all schedule team member meetings and trainings; brings suggestions for improvement.
* Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
* Complies with company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures, applicable governmental laws and regulations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Interacts with internal and external guests.
* Does not provide supervision to other team members.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a cash register.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Knowledge of bar operations, service procedures and function.
* Working knowledge of beer, wine, liquor, and common drink recipes.
* Must possess an outgoing, positive attitude and work well with other team members.
* Ability to multitask and must maintain high personal grooming standard.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high activity environment.
* Must be flexible to work different shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Food Handler’s card is required.
* RASS or TIPS Certification of alcohol awareness program must be obtained within 30 days of employment and maintain current certification.
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* 0 to 1 years of related experience and/or training.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.